Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some questions about edibles

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DarkObby, Jan 19, 2016.

1. #1 DarkObby, Jan 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
    Hey guys,

So I am making some cannabutter for the first time and basically have two questions about it.

1) I wanted to know if you guys could help me get a sense for the dosage. I know this varies decently based on the person, tolerance, etc., but I just want to see if I can get a ball park. I have only ever eaten edibles from other people before and it usually doesn't take much, but I have no idea how much weed they use.

I basically plan to make brownies or maybe some cookies and put a quarter ounce into the batch (too much, too little?). So lets say that I do that and cut the brownies so that there are ten pieces. 0.25/10 = 0.025oz or 0.708 grams. So in that case each brownie would have about 0.71 grams of weed in it if I mixed it very well. I have smoked for about 4 years now but I usually do pretty infrequently these days so I don't really have any tolerance. I usually pack a decently sized bowel and anywhere from 2-4 hits is usually good for me depending on how much it lights and what the strain is. I have never really gotten a sense for how much I am smoking each time, so I guess I could try to estimate that.

I wanted to simply see if there was a general suggestion for how many grams of weed to have in each dose for the average person. While I can't really know how much will be good until I try some after, I want to at least have a decent idea before going into it. So like I said I can determine the serving size based on how much I use and how small I cut the pieces.

2) My plan was to make a batch to use ever so often. Maybe like a dose or two once a month? I'd share some with friends, but I am not really sure how quickly I'd blow through it. Therefore I obviously need to store it and just wanted to see if someone could recommend a good method for keeping potency and keeping the brownies from spoiling. I was just going to put them in one of those clear plastic bins with the seal-able lids and then freeze them.

Thanks for any advice/information.

2. Cannot you google this information? I used a quarter oz of mids to 1 stick of butter and boy oh boy did I ever get high (i ate the whole thing at once).

3. Thanks. Yea I have done that also, just trying to get more opinions. Sorry.

4. It's good. I trust google more than I do most of the blades on GC lol.

5. To determine dosage:

Find (or estimate) the THC content of the flower. Multiply the percentage by the amount of flower you are using. For example, if you use 1 gram of 15% THC weed, you will have 15 milligrams of THC.

A typical dosage for one edible (one brownie, one gummy, etc.) is around 10-15mg.

So if you have 1oz of weed (~28g) at 15% THC, you have 420mg (see what I did there?) of THC, enough for ~28 doses. So maybe one tray of brownies.

Some people are done in by one dose or less, others like to get super high and eat 25-100mg. Your mileage may vary.

Whatever you're putting it in, this is a good method to ballpark your dosage for edibles when starting with flower.