Some Problems I Have With The Forums..

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by stoned_soldier, Oct 11, 2004.

1. wondering if someone here knows the cause to this problem so i can fix it.. every link that ends in "#" is a link that just sends me to the top of the page..

i can't:

- use smilies
    - add to reputations!!
    - view enlarged pics!!
    - use basically every icon such as bold, italic, underline, center align, right/left align, bullets, link my pages with the icon, etc..

every time i click on an icon with that ending in it ( # ) i'm sent to the top of the page that i'm viewing and if i'm writing a reply every word disappears..

this is really bugging me out.. i want to know why it happens..

2. Hmm..

I'll poke around and see if I can help you out, but to my knowledge you're the only person that's had this problem? What browser are you using?

3. microsoft internet explorer.. i could use the program opera if i wanted but it keeps a healthy log of the sites i go to and i don't want this site popping up.. there aren't even options in this program to make the history go away.. unless you could help me find a way to erase the websites i've been to in opera that would help too..

4. I can help you out with deleting history from Opera. :)

Viewing History

You can view history files by opening the "cache" folder within the Opera folder. You'll most likey find this within "C:\Program files\Opera\".

Deleting History

You can delete the history by clicking "File", "Preferences", "History", and click "Empty now" button. In addition you can check "Empty on exit" if you wish for this task to occur each time you exit the browser.

Viewing address bar history

You can view the location bar history by clicking the down arrow on the far right side of the text box.

Deleting address bar history

You can delete the history by clicking "File", "Preferences", "History", and click the "clear" button next to "Typed in".

5. thanks.. i actually figured this out the day i posted it.. but thanks anyways.. now the problem i get is i can't read some of the post when hovering over the topic and i can't read someone reputation status when hovering but i can live through that cuz all the problems above were fixed.. thanks..

6. I've notice hovering over the topic and reading rep status only seem to work for me when the page if fully loaded. Have you noticed if the page is loaded or not when you experience the problem?