some pics... any input whats wrong with this?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by rohawkj, Nov 4, 2009.

1. whats up guys n gals. well this lil girl is just over 2 weeks old. here are a few close up pics of the spots that are showing up. doesnt seem to be on any of the new growth yet, just the lower leaves. leaf sets went up quick, 3-5-7 now. i will be re-planting into new soil within the next day or two. is this real bad?

Attached Files:

• 041.jpg
      041.jpg
      File size:
      136.9 KB
      Views:
    • 042.jpg
      042.jpg
      File size:
      222.6 KB
      Views:
    • 043.jpg
      043.jpg
      File size:
      162.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Could be any number or a combo of things. Can we have more details of your setup? :)

What do you think caused it? Our instincts are often right. :smoking:

3. i have been using 4 26w cfls 6500k 24/7. watering 2 to 3x a week depending on the needs, i have fertilized one time a week ago just 1/8 the solution. just purified water since then, i have not checked pH. temps are around 65-80F. i have a box the dimensions are apprx. 1.5'x1.5'x3.5'... only happening on the lower leaves so far.

4. Seen this a few times. You've got a ph issue, probably watering with 7.3ph or higher. Gonna cause some "burning" or yellowing of your leaves on the lower branches. As your plant gets bigger, you'll see the lower leaves yellow or brown, then fall off.

Adjust your ph to around 6.5 - 6.7 when you water. Make sure that if you're feeding, check your ph after you add your nutrients, they can change your ph as well.

5. Multiple deficiencies are present but there is one clue to whats going on here. Notice the wrinkling and crinkling of the leaves? Dead give away the pH is wrong. Start adjusting pH. Get a good pH meter (worth it's weight in gold) and some pH down / pH up. Keep the pH between 6.3 and 6.8 every time you water and you should see great improvement soon. Also start adding cal/mag to feedings.

Prevention is better then the cure.