some outdoor plants starting to bud????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bud girl, Jul 16, 2009.

1. I live in atlantic canada, I expect to harvest late september to late october depending on strain. I am growing 4 strains these are thc bomb, purple white widow, durbans poison, hollands hope. All my purple white widow and thc bomb are starting to bud. They are split between two different locations and some were planted the 1 week of june the others the 3 week of june. Should they be showing bud? I thought I wouldn't see bud for a while yet. Is this ok or do I havea problem?

2. Its fine. Its just a early finisher. Did they come from inside? Did you veg a little first then stick them outside? How big are they? But i stand by my first comment.
    Keep'em Burnin
    DirtyViperMan

3. Good advice. I have one (I grow indica) that's already starting to shape on the branches and I know she'll start way before before the others do. Now if I could only figure out how to make them progressively mature at harvest time to ease the trim chores I'd have the perfect crop. A pound a day with weekends off would be perfect.

4. They came from inside but have been out for a month or more.
    I got the seeds at the end off march so theyve been vegging since early april
    They are 4-7 ft tall

I just though that they were strains that flowered later then my hollands hope. I know the durban poison is a late strain.

5. How many hours did you have the on inside? But they sound like they are ready. Nothing you can do but be thankful i guess. My Durbans are usuall pretty early finishers.
    Keep'em Burnin
    DirtyViperMan

6. i had them on 24 before they went out side but they have been outside for close to 2 m0nths and in the ground for 1-1.5 months. I attached some pictures

Attached Files:

7. Wooohooa they are way further along then i thought. I think it was the 24h light cycle that did that. I always veg them under 14-16h inside then take them out with no problem. I veg the for 24h then put them out so i can get a outdoor harvest in early spring. JMO. Either way congrats.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

8. do ya think it will effect the plant health or yield negatively??

9. i doubt it. It might help flowering while the days are still long might give them a boost.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

10. has anyone eles encountered this? will it reduce my yeild?

11. The only way that it would affect harvest would be if they were forced into budding through stress. If this was the problem then they would regress back to veg which takes a week or two but during that time it will virtually stop all vegetative growth. If the flowering was induced by the natural light cycle then you won't have a problem. Those buds do look real big for how early it is though...

12. UR PLANTS SHOULD NOT BE THAT FAR ALONG YET ALTHOW IF THEY BUDED ON THERE OWN THEY WILL BE EARLY HARVEST PLANTS THATS ALL WE HAVE ONLY LOST ABOUT 45 MINUTES OF LIGHT WE LOSE 1 MINUTE A DAY FROM JUNE 21 HERE IN OHIO ALTHOW IF U DID NOT SHOCK THEM THEY WILL DO GREAT I PULLED MY FIRT MALE YESSTERDAY NO HAIR YET THOW SHOULD BE A NOTHER WEEK OR TWO :smoking:

13. Dont worry its completely normal not all but most strains with a sativa background when under 24 hr will flower slowly if put out after there is only a decreasing amout of daylight hours other factors that could contribute to the extra weight would probley be the cold, ive hear of stains that are in full swing by 3rd week of july good luck

14. i have a few plants that are in full bloom, only way i could see yeild going down is if it reveged as you'd lose a couple weeks or end up with a hermi. But they do look nice just keep doing what your doing and you could have a nice yeild keep us updated:hello: +rep