Some one give me some info on this

Discussion in 'General' started by NAAAAAHH, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ok so lately I have been practicing Lucid Dreaming. I've done the hand thing before bed, dream journal and reality checks. About 2 weeks ago I had a dream and in my dream I told my self I was dreaming but the dream kept going on, same thing happened last night in my dream. I'm not expecting results anytime soon I know it doesn't happen like that but is that a sign of me slowly achieving/practicing for Lucid Dreaming in my dreams?

2. U took a huge step there

U tried falling asleep late late like 5 to 10 am ish?

U will be very sleepy and all my lucid dreamings came about naturally through staying up later than usual

3. Haha that's what I like to hear :D it's something I really want to accomplish. All I remember was me saying "I'm in a dream" then forgot everything that happened after that.

I would say for the past 2 days I've been falling asleep about 2:30 ish

4. Drink some green tea and eat a light supper beforehand. Meditate with some relaxing music for 30 minutes to clear your mind. Look around you and take notice of reality, what is it really like? How do things feel? Smell? Look? Become aware of your surroundings. This will help you greatly to tell your dreams apart from real life.

When you go to bed, have as little clothes as possible, naked is fine. Move around get comfortable. Lay down looking up and close your eyes and begin your journey. Repeat to yourself 100 times: "I will lucid dream tonight and achieve awareness"

Let yourself go sleepy and drowsy. If you try to remain mentally awake but body sleep, your chances are good.

tips:
    Inside a dream, switch a light on, if it doesn't, its a dream.
    if you want to prolong the lucid dream, spin around with your arms out very fast.
    check the time. if the watch changes time or if its just nonsensical hieroglyphs, your in a dream.

Lucid dreaming is a skill that needs dedication to develop but its one of the most, if not the most, rewarding experience in Life. Being able to manipulate your temporal reality as you wish is the closest one can get to experiencing a transcendental metaphysical like sensation.

:) Have fun

5. #5 Nutrition Facts, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
    i second this question... what is the trick to get that control?

I have no idea if this is remotely close, but I feel like it involves total confidence that you can do anything without dying in the dream. Once I tell myself and other characters that this is only a dream... no one believes me or cares, I get discouraged that it didn't work and I cant break away from "normal" physics...

what if i tried to prove to everyone that its a dream? how can i take it to a new level?

all i can do is spectate and predict what will happen in the next part of the dream.

edit, although i guess the last part is lucid dreaming if i can predict the outcome?

6. I've accomplished OBE many times, and lucid dreaming was a baby step towards that.

Once you get it down it is very fun.

Might I offer you to try Vitamin B6, around an hour before bed.

It helps!

7. Its interesting.

Ive had quite a few lucid dreams pop up naturally throughout my life by sleeping late, it started when i was around 7 and started becoming self aware in my dreams

But im very glad thats happened to me. Dont give up op, some of my best dreams were lucid, all my lucid dreams i turn invulnerable, super strong, and can fly

8. Thanks for the information sounds really interesting. I'm going to have to try some of these things tonight before bed. What I don't get is how people say to go find the light switch, or clock. How are you supposed to do that if you still cannot control yourself in your dream?

9. Yeah I don't really get this part.

Type of stuff I would do :metal:

Might have to give this a try to. :D

10. #10 Nutrition Facts, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
    crazy idea... once you realize you are in a dream... jump out a window? (like a full speed run)
    I mean, if you know you wont die, you'll probably start flying.

11. Somone should translate this dream for me please haha. I've had this dream sooooo many times, but it's always a bit different. In the dream I'm always in a HUGE house with a crap ton of rooms and the house usually has more than 2 floors. For some reason everytime I have the dream I know that the house is what I guess you could call haunted. I get scared to open the doors because in the dream I feel that there are bad spirits all in side of the house. Out of the many times I've had the dream I would say about 10 maybe 20times I've had a nightmare, where something chases me in the house I can never really see it but it scares the hell out of me in the dream and I know it's evil. It's my dream so don't call me crazy haha.

12. [quote name='"NAAAAAHH"']Somone should translate this dream for me please haha. I've had this dream sooooo many times, but it's always a bit different. In the dream I'm always in a HUGE house with a crap ton of rooms and the house usually has more than 2 floors. For some reason everytime I have the dream I know that the house is what I guess you could call haunted. I get scared to open the doors because in the dream I feel that there are bad spirits all in side of the house. Out of the many times I've had the dream I would say about 10 maybe 20times I've had a nightmare, where something chases me in the house I can never really see it but it scares the hell out of me in the dream and I know it's evil. It's my dream so don't call me crazy haha.[/quote]

I think the dream is foreshadowing the fact that you have a ton of secrets you would have trouble telling the people around you. Haunting secrets.

13. i second this

ive heard the house represents your psyche, you have haunting secrets, or parts of yourself you are avoiding

kinda like you arent truly at peace with ALL parts of yourself, the "evil rooms" wud be the parts of yourself you arent at peace with

thats just my hypothesis tho haha

14. My dreams are usually pretty straight forward with what they have to do with but not this one. That is interesting but I don't think that's what it is trying to say. Who knows though haha.

15. The dreams where I had something chase me it was like a demon looking figure but like I said I can't really see the face. The house always changes in the way it looks but always has +2 floors and multiple rooms that are usually just empty. I don't go around opening the doors on purpose I'll just occasionally open one. Now that I think about it I always work my way up to the top floor then downstairs.

16. [quote name='"NAAAAAHH"']

My dreams are usually pretty straight forward with what they have to do with but not this one. That is interesting but I don't think that's what it is trying to say. Who knows though haha.[/quote]

I'm a pretty spiritually sound person, and am pretty on point with this jazz..

Your positive you're not hiding anything?

17. I don't have much at all to hide. Either way I love hearing translations of dreams. Not that I really believe what they're supposed to mean.

18. [quote name='"NAAAAAHH"']

I don't have much at all to hide. Either way I love hearing translations of dreams. Not that I really believe what they're supposed to mean.[/quote]

Do you live in Idaho?

19. i have tried lucid dreaming before, several times i vividly remember that i aware that i was dreaming in my dream but it was to hard too control anything and eventually i stopped actively thinking about it. Makes me wonder tho if i was just dreaming that i knew i was dreaming like as part of the dream, ya know?

20. I usually get to sleep between 4am-8am most nights and have may have experienced a lucid dream but I'm not sure, I thought it was a bit weird and now people are talking about it when 2 weeks ago I wouldn't of knew what it meant haha