some of my writing- very short and light.

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Tuscano56, Jul 14, 2010.

1. The Bible Says I'm an Abomination

Believe it or not, I didn't know. I had no idea until today how big of a sinner I am in the eyes of Christianity.

Honestly, I'm blindsided by this. I'm just being myself; nothing more and nothing less. What I do with a group of sweaty guys on friday nights in front of a few thousand people isn't a sin; it's my favorite thing in the world.

I hardly ever get serious about it anymore. Maybe I'll play with some balls in the back yard every now and then, but that's all. I don't get all excited and start yelling like I used to. And why should I? No ones watching anymore.

I've done it for as long as I can remember; ever since I was old enough. When I was in elementary school, my friends and I would go out into a field and slam each other around.

As I got older, it became evident my teen years would NOT be like most boys' my age. I loved doing it more than anything; and I loved the people I did it with more than anyone in the world.

I know the bible says it's wrong, and a lot of people hate it; but I thank god that this way of life found me. Being surrounded by its love has taught me right and wrong, shown me who I am, and convinced me that I belong in this world.

Yet there it is, right there in Leviticus. ”One must never touch the skin of swine.” CAN”T TOUCH PIG SKIN?? NO FOOTBALL?? But why no football? We're not hurting anyone. We mind our own business while only pounding on each other.

The reason Texas Stadium has a retractable roof is so that God can watch Dallas play. So someone is lying, and I know it's not me.

Maybe we got a little bit lost in translation a few thousand years ago?

So, don't assist in being ignorant. Unclench your fists a bit and just listen.

Feel free to give me any feedback; any reaction is a reaction I'd love to hear.
    It's from my blog which is right here- Kingston State of Mind

2. Hey man, I like it. Very brief and powerful. Sounds like something that should turn into a spoken word performance.

I'm gay too (also a writer), so I can definitely identify with this. Keep it up!

3. thanks for the support!

4. its so true. i lived for football, even played some on the college level.

i think people take the bible to literally, they need to take what it says, and think of it on other levels you know?