Some of my plants are turning lime green..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WilliamTell, Aug 25, 2017.

1. So i have 10 clones about 10 days old going under 300w of led about 30+ in away, my temps are good, but they are in coco with what looks like 10%ish maybe perlite(I've never grown in coco before)I am using fox farms trio BB,GB(hydro kind),TB. So far they are getting 1.5TSP of BB and 1TSP of GB once a week. I water when the top of the coco dries, them being young I haven't watered until RO. Any ideas? I just ordered some cal-mag. Maybe they're too far from the light even though growth is pretty good no intense stretching.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. If I read it correctly earlier, going lime green means needs more nutes. I'll see if I can find it again.

3. You're low on nitrogen. Raise the nitrogen heavy component of your feed schedule by 1-2ml/gallon. Coco is well known for needing more cal/mag then any other medium. I read once about why but forgot. Just know that you always need more cal/mag in coco then any other medium. You also have to be accurate with your feed ph. It contains no ph buffers like promix or other mediums. Keep it in the 6.0 range.

• Like Like x 2
  4. deleted by jbc

5. You're starving your plants. Plants grown in coco should be fed daily to run off. Based on the size of your plants you should be feeding half strength at this point.

6. They are only 10 days and have been feed once with 1/2 strength big bloom and grow big. Are you saying i should feed everyday until runoff at least once?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. At least every other day at this stage. Coco has the inherent ability to hold 30% oxygen when totally saturated and requires regular feeding to replenish nutes and pull in fresh oxygen to the roots. It should never be allowed to dry out. It's hydroponics, not soil.

8. It's never "dry" but the top starts to spot and I hit it with water, but I'm going to try and feed, feed, then just water this is my first time out of soil im just nervous about such frequent watering and conatant feeding and now i have some kind of deficiency cause they're all growing just not the ideal colour. But thanks for the input and advice man I'll take all that I'm given I appreciate it.

9. Yep you pretty much cant over water in coco. Feed every watering an add calmag everytime . At 1.5EC in veg at a ph of 5.8

Bingo

• Like Like x 2
  10. That's hilarious i was actually just looking at some of your post's, taking it from the horses mouth haha thanks for thw simplicity

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. You never just water coco - if you do you will have deficiencies - always feed. You're not in soil - coco doesn't build up nutes like in soil as long as you always feed to run off. Good luck.

12. Sorry being new and all i should have known that from those crystal clear instructions. Thanks for the info, don't insinuate I should get it within less than 2 weeks not even knowing the damn things were gonna be in this shit.

• Like Like x 1