Some noob help please.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JordeeKush, Feb 23, 2013.

1. So i had 3 seeds, germed them, and then they stayed on the boiler in the kitchen until sprouting about 2", and then eventually moved them into my grow room, temps at 27-29 during the 18H daylight period... BUT, if i turn my heater off in the grow room the temp drops to just 1, so i keep the heater on until i get a less powerful heat source for the dark period.

= What shall I bring the temps down too during Dark hours?

Also, my plants are about 4-5" now, with long lanky stems and only the first 2 centre leaves sprouting out the middle, they seem a bit long :S they are about 6" away from my 65W's also. I'm only watering them atm.

= Is there anything they need apart from water at this stage?
    (also one of the plants centre leaves havent sprouted out yet and she surfaced a week ago :S )

and another has a really really faint hint of yellow on one of the outer leaves.

Sorry but I'm quite new to this, building the grow room was a last minute thing

Thanks JK

2. #2 blazed ninja, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    sorry dude i don't know celcius too well, damn american schooling system... but 60 degrees Fahrenheit would be a good minimum until you know your strain. 65 watts of what? i'm assuming cfl, in which case 6" is too far resulting in a stretch. if you can put your hand where the closest leaf is and not feel any heat from the light keep moving it closer until you feel it. cfl's will really only give heat burn if it is directly touching the bulb. your plant does not need any fertilizer for the first 2 weeks of their life. after that start to fertilize, start small, maximum of 1/4 strength it says on the bottle. the yellow on the leaves could be attributed to the soil already having nutes in it and it is burning your leaves or it is not close enough and it is facing a deficiency from lack of light. the first two sprouting leaves (cotyledon) will fall off. marijuana grows its leaves in odd numbers, starting with 1 going to 3,5,7,9,11 and will eventually start growing backwards towards the end of its life producing 9,7,5,3 until it is almost done and only producing one bladed leaves

and are you trying to say you are watering the leaves instead of watering the soil? that could also be why it was getting yellow