some more not so newb questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dirtystall, Jun 23, 2006.

1. hello people, i just recieved the ok from the home owner and i have 4 bag seeds that are GROWing fastt. im not sure if it was a hermie or if it just selp pollinated itself. but it was some sick ass smoke.

they stretched a bit only one compact fluro rigged in a carboard box, but they seems to be doing ok. there starting alternating nodes and they were just LST'd way to early(they basicly fell over and kept growing, next veg session wil be under 2 4foot fluro tubes.

once i convince the landowner that i can garuntee no smell (thats his only concern) then i should be in buisness, there would be pictures but im selling my digital camera for cash because im dirt broke at the moment. Maybe later on in life.

So a few questions, if you dont know or dont care please leave garbage out of this. im a peacefull person and dont have beef with anyone.

1. I would like to veg in a closet then bloom in a dresser, or something not noticable to nieghbors, i purchased a 250 watt hps 33,000 lumen (does that sound correct?)
    Im pretty sure the batwing reflecor is going to be hard to fit, it bends a little bit so i could make it fit but if i took it off and lined the box with mylar/space blanket/chip bags would i be able to hack it off and use just the lamp? ive seen peopld just hang
    HID with no refletor before and the results look ok to me.

this first real harvest im going to let the plant continue its stressy state, hopefully i can just lst the crap out of it for best results, i have managed to clone basil so i think i shoud be good in that department, im hoping for my second grow to me a scrog, i got this bakers tray, its like those plastic things they carry around bread in, its made of plastic and measures 3x3 feet, it has a screen of at least 1 inch diamonds, so a scroge sounds good in my opinion.

2. Ive been using brita filtered water in scotts seedling mix and these things are going great, i think im going to buy some more and add a little more perlite into the mix.
    But ive heard boiling water balances the ph level, so would filtered bottle water/boiled/distilled/etc be ok to water with without checking ph levels? i know the soils good so im thinking of something like that.

3.I plan on buying a stanley blower from home depot, i know i can rig it up to blow air but i also know you can get it to suck air as well, would an intake with the blower blowing right above the screen keep the temps down enough with a proper outake above the light?

4. and final question. i want to design a filter out of a carboard box and laundry sheets, if it can block the smell of burning weed i think it could cover the smell of budding plants, at least thats the plan.

:cool: thats me wondering if anyone is going to bother to read this nonetheless reply

peace
    -dirty

psss ive been eatin totes all week and i cant remember anything, i cant wait for this medicine to be ready to cure me of all my phsyical and mental illness