Some more n00b questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by carcass, Dec 29, 2006.

1. I just need a couple more things before I finally get started.

POTS! What size should I get? I want to have a couple big plants in the veg room, as mothers, and for now, 4 big-ish plants in the flowering room, but eventually I'll be doing a SOG. What are all the pots I need? I tried searching, but this forums search function is garbage and tosses out every "common" word, so I can never find anything =(

And about nutrients - I got some big bloom and grow big... When should I start feeding my ladies? I know I should start out in way smaller doses than what's recommended on the bottles. Could I use grow big all the way through my grow? Like even in flowering when I add the big bloom? Or is that a no-no?

I can't believe that those are the only questions I have, and that once I figure it out, I'll be in heaven. Thank you grasscity forums, without you I'd be just another sad, bored college kid!

2. Get the biggest pots your space will take because more soil volume = more roots = bigger plant. 5 gallon is a good big size for an indoor grow, 3 gallon more typical. Consider containers like 5-gal paint cans or extra large kitty litter bins, which are large but also shaped more narrow and tall, which can help you pack more into a tight space.

I am not familiar with those nutes but I would say use the grow big during veg but then use only the big bloom during flower (not both). Check the mfg's website to see if there are usage instructions available.