Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some more info for ya

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by smokeynate, Nov 9, 2009.

1. I posted one of these in the seed bank forum but I thought this one belongs here.:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xZhJW4jlMQ]YouTube - The Hype of OG and Bubba Kush[/ame]

2. who gives a damn how they got their names? super silver haze was given a name by someone too. i dont think anyone is claiming that marijuana is indigenous to north america but it is grown here and if a hybrid was made here than it has every right to be an american strain. who wouldnt want to smoke bubblegum and purple kush together? i would. this movie is retarded and was a waste of time. people understand marketing and nobody gives a shit about where a name came from. in this case "bubba" (coming from bubblegum) and "kush" (coming from purple kush)... doesnt sound much like bullshit to me... just sounds like a good hybrid. damn dutch people getting all worked up and defensive and wanting the credit. who gives a flying fuck. if it was crossed here then great. plus bubblegum was developed in indiana. and kush is from the hindu kush region. this is stupid. and why the fuck do they keep comparing it to ssh? they are completely different types of marijuana. what a waste of time.. good thing i dont have shit to do today but smoke strawberry cough and sour jack.. bitches

3. The only reason I posted this was to just say that O.G. Kush is just another strain of pot, and where Im at(not Cali) people will pay 60 an 8th for OG or anything else that looks like a good strain of pot. Also to let people know that just b/c some people who would rather market a taste than a good strong strain of Marijuana. But hey I cant tell people what to do good thing I have nothing better to do than smoke this lemon skunk.:smoking:

4. have you tried og kush or bubba kush though? its not like they are marketed for just their taste and appearance...they actually are very good, potent strains (obviously from their genetics). almost everywhere (at least in the US) people pay around 60 for an eighth of high quality stuff. granted known names do jack the prices up a little bit, but people pay mostly for the quality, not the name. i guess it probably would have made more sense to just post a thread saying "dont buy high quality green with a name for high prices"

5. Im not telling people what to buy and hell yeah I have smoked It its great and taste good too and thats what sells now and my little post on this web page wont change that. But I cant say that it is better than this Lemon skunk that I have right now b/c its not, what Im trying to say is that most strains I see online and see what folks are somking in my circle is just cause of hype and whats popular right now. I tell you what my next seed purchase might be from Mr. Nice seeds rather than the taste of the week.

6. ok now i think im starting to catch your drift a bit more. comparing a skunk to a kush is pretty lame though. one is a ferarri and one's a rolls royce. both awesome but with different qualities. if people in your area are paying like 70 for OG Kush and like 55 for equal quality skunk, thats pretty messed up though. like you said it is all about the taste of the week, og is popular right now but it will get pushed out of the limelight by another super kush... but thats not to say that a couple years from now it wont still be considered a great ass strain. just like lemon skunk cuz it wasnt too long ago that i saw that shit all around online, in magazines and in my town and that was going for a high ass price.

7. this phenomenon is not limited to og kush. Every place i've been has their "super bud" that everyone has heard about. In eugene, people will easily pay 10 bucks more for an eighth if the dealer calls it alaskan thunderfuck or white widow. This is just marketing. Most strain names are made up anyway. even if you get it direct from the dealer they often don't know the true genetics, and why wouldn't you hype your own weed if selling it is how you put food on your table? Sorry its just misleading to say that OG Kush is some hyped up strain when everyone does this. Props to those "rednecks" for actually being successful

8. You have to name the weed if you dont then how would you tell it from the others unless it was glowing green or a distinct color. Im not mad at the name OG kush is a cool name makes me want to smoke it:D and Im also looking at this from a growers point of view as well and have smoked OG "the real OG" and have to say that all the hype is not worth it its good bud dont make it something its not.:smoke: