Some macro shots

Discussion in 'Picture Post Archive' started by cowofsteel, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Does anybody know how to get a good macro shots, it seems like everytime I zoom in, the auto focus stops working, so its blurry, so I have to keep it zoomed all the way out, and just hold the camera really close, resulting in pictures like these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not bad, but not as good as they should be... the camera is 2.1 megapixel sony sureshot... i think thats the name anyway

2. Despite that you cannot get closer, it still looks like good bud in those pics.

3. 2.1 megapixs means it can get blown up 2.1X bigger that a normal pic (i think) and most camras arnt made for getting that close up on some thing. if you really want to get a new lens

4. Hows this for a macro? not bad for my olympus stylus 3.2mp...

[​IMG]

EDIT:
    dont get too close, and then zoom in, its optical zoom right? dont use digital zoom. take it in the highest resolution you can set it to....

5. I just recently figured out the macro setting on mine. It's a fuji 2.0 mgp. With mine, when it's in macro, you can't zoom in, you just bring the cam real close 3-6 inches seems best. Then you push the shutter button halfway, and autofocus does it's thing. Then you shoot as normal. You and the subject have to be really still or it'll blur all to hell. If I'm shooting something really small, i have to kinda trick the autofocus, otherwise it'll focus on something big in the background. to trick it, I just point at something big from 3" away, then move the cam back to the small object, and shoot. Sometimes it works ok, others not so much. I just shoot a lot of frames and sift through the good and bad later. Don't know if any of this helps you or not, just thought I'd share.

6. Set up a focal point. Perhaps a piece of gravel right in front of the bud?

7. lol im ghetoo i have a cheap little web cam looky looky

Attached Files:

8. here are my new attempts.. .not much better.. I can't do the don't get to close thing, because for some reason it can't focus in macro mode when your zoomed in, so I just have to get real close, and then auto focus works...

[​IMG]

9. thats probably the best a 2.1mp camera will shoot. but get it in better lighting...

megapixel= 1 million pixels. a 2.1mp camera will take pictures with 2.1 million pixels in them. a 3.2mp camera takes, you guessed it, 3.2 million pixel shots. more pixels makes a picture more detailed...

10. my mom works for fuji, and she was explaining it to me... the "mega" in 3.whatever megapixels is a prefix like kilo- or milli- or hecto- or whatever, meaning that (lets take a guess) mega stands for 5000...that would mean 5.2 megapixels would be 26.2 pixels...

get it?
    also, im pretty stned, so indunno what i'd believe outta my mouth right now

11. do people still read replys these days? ....am i the only one?

12. Ahahaha you just made my day. That's so great. roflcopter lollercoaster

13. I would think a 3.2 would do better. Here's one I took wiyh my 2.0. About this pic, it was taken at the highest quality setting on my fuji. The images are like 1680X960. I take em like I said 3-6 inches away. The thing is, since it's so big, I can go into an editor and crop it to a small area in the center of the image. Then I resize it, so it'll fit on the web. Here's the pic.

Fuji 2.0mp

Attached Files:

14. nice pictures...clear and great looking bud

15. Yo i had to resize it so i dunno how it looks now but this is a macro of some sick colorado bud that i took with my 4 mpx canon digi. i'd like to put hte full size pic up but its like 4 megs...

Attached Files:

16. I would love some of that in my system ryte now...