Some little known facts about cops.

Discussion in 'General' started by iShotTupac123, Apr 26, 2007.

1. When you see the red and blue flashing behind you, you can get a general idea about how fucked you are before even talking to the cop.

(Your County) Sheriff: The county Sheriff is the most laid back type of cop. They patroll one large area which enables them to get to know all the people in that area and they ease up a littlebit.

(Your City) PD: These guys are in the middle. They patroll an even smaller area than the County Sheriff, so they get to know the people around town better. BUT they somehow get a superhero image of themself inside their heads. They think it's their right an privaledge to arrest any and all persons doing anything even remotly illegal. These guys won't cut you any breaks.

(Your State) State Trooper: The state troopers are the biggest assholes out of all cops. If you get pulled over by a state trooper, put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye. These guys are pushed around all over the state, they never stay in one county for more than a couple months. They aren't friends with any fellow officers, and they don't get a chance to meet anyone from the county. These guys will prosicute you for blinkin wrong. These are the notorious "highway cops" (although they do not always stay on the highway) that plant evidence, get violent for no reason, and pull you over for being 2 miles over the limit.

Also, 99.9% of all traffic cops are complete morons. Don't let them intimidate you and know your laws so they can't lie to you. All cops are trying to get a promotion, traffic cop is the lowest level. If you see an 8 year veteran working the streets, you can garuntee he's an idiot. If you see a rookie, well, everyone knows how to play headgames with rookies. The only real exception is the guys who've been workin street for 6 months and are a week away from promotion, but the probability of that guy pulling you over is low.

The detective is the only guy you have to worry about, but he's not a traffic cop. The detecive is the guy who shows up to your house when you're suspected of a grow op, dealing, murder, or things like that. The detective only shows up for big big crimes and he is SMART. There is no outsmarting a detective. He had to be promoted about 6 times for his job so if he comes over to your house just bend over cuz you're fucked.

2. i've seriously never had a bacon encounter, unless i was piss drunk in public acting stupid...and that's alcohol related, but never for herb.

ANDD i drive without a license.
    last month i ran into a check-point, and i was high, and they asked to see my license and i was all fucking shitting bricks about all the things they'd get me for--so i did the first thing i could think of and got out my state ID, flashed it to him slow and confident, smiling, "here you go, officer" and he let me go...what a dumbass!

anyways, yea, cops dont scare me that much. they're retarded and even if i were busted for herb...it's only a ticket here in california.

3. or I can just kick that detectives ass then get the fuck out of the country

4. this thread seems about as accurate as a bent arrow.

5. Dude, most this is shit I picked up for a 55 year old biker I used to work with. Unless you live in NY or LA where all cops are 100% dick this is prettymuch true. Ofcourse you're gunna find your occasional dickhead county sheriff and super nice state trooper, not everyones completely the same.

I try to help out people and you call me a liar, you motherfucker.

6. Its all relative man so that info could be completely innacurate depending on the area, but its definately good logic.

7. Yea man i can dig.

8. This thread has good intentions, theres no need to bash on it, and in turn, theres no need for namecalling just because the guy didnt agree with you. Hostility at GC needs to be lowered a few notches, nay, numerous notches. We're supposed to be a peaceful community here and this thread is a good example of how things get out of hand at GC. Relax people :smoke::smoke::smoke:

9. Ive gotta say, my one and only cop encounter was with a state trooper... and it went really well. he was totally chill. we sat and talked about cows and farming or something. then he just let me go.

i was riding a four-wheeler down the interstate btw. i was on the shoulder though.

10. Making broad generalizations such as these are no better than people thinking stoners to be lazy and stupid.

My Dad was a State Trooper for 30 years and doesn't remotely fit any of your descriptions... neither did any of his fellow Trooper friends that I met. In the County I grew up in the Deputy Sheriffs were the incompetent assholes(at least what I've learned from my first-hand experience,) while the city Police were much more lenient and down to earth. Troopers just shot radar all day out on the highways.

And I doubt Detectives are so effective due to their great intellects, but rather by the time they are talking to you they've already built a case. And if you're going to busted for a grow, it'll be by the DEA.

11. nothing you posted there was a fact.

12. these "facts" are pretty general. they're definitely true as far as patrol area goes, but when it comes to possession, all bets are off. any cop looks good when he makes a drug bust, and that is fact. For basic tickets, though, you're right on the money. I've only been pulled over once by a sherriff, who happened to be somewhat of an idiot, but he originally wanted to give me a good 4 tickets. I was 16 at the time, so he followed me to my house, put a nice little dent on my garage door banging on it (I told him to wait, it could be a minute, but i'd send my mom out there to talk to him), so my mom ripped him a new asshole and made him apologize for fucking up our door, and then she kicked him out. No tickets and a "have a nice night."

I've only gotten 1 ticket in the 30-somewhat times i've been pulled over in my life. most of them were for bullshit like, "you clipped that white line back there, mind if I have a look around?" But still. You definitely can chat your way out of a ticket with locals.

13. See what any state trooper in the state of Florida does if you're caught with a DWB

14. Florida just so happened to be the State my Father was a State Trooper for. I assure you, he wasn't going out of his way to bust Black people. He just pulled over the people driving like assholes. And considering he's told me he think marijuana should be legalized, I doubt he ever went out of his way to bust someone for posession.

15. I stay in Florida, and the county cops here are the DICKS. Ive never had a runin with the state troopers. City cops are just meh. Ive met a few nice ones, and a dick or two also.

16. Actually,i've had the worst luck with "city cops"...rude,uncaring,rude.....really spotty on stuff,sometimes thay tag you on a light out,sometimes not...i had one literally scream at me for parkling wrong......caught a break once from a sheriff,got a warning for a headlight...

as for my states' troopers...always been treated "professionally" by them,crisp,by the book,but no messing around..they seem like a lot of ex-military here....then again,I never smoke on the open highway anymore,so all I was worried about from a trooper was a speeding ticket...I would be very nervous of them if I was carrying...they seem to be able to seek out smokers...
    my hippie buddy got popped by one for posession..but he's the kind of person you can just look at and know hes a stoner....I feel sorry for cops mostly,system tools