Some last minute before growing questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sameK, May 7, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

I plan on growing two afghan kush ryder plants in this pc box, the light is a 70w hps.

-The soil is fox farm's ocean forest, would it be sensible to germinate directly in it?
    -Am I going to need to do anything about reflectivity? Mylar is $30, and aluminum foil wouldn't really be much more reflective than the metallic sides of the box
    -Should I do 20-4 or 24-0 lighting since it's an autoflowering strain; I've heard both?

2. hey i wouldn't worry about reflective surfaces, and i think 24/0 would be better for an autoflowering strain.

3. Hint on "cheap" for a grow your size....... Mylar ballons ( you will find em in store checkout lines, party supply stores, and lots of "dollar stores" here in the states). pretty much anything is better then flat black IMHO

4. Even just cover the black area with some white paper, hi gloss photo kind would probably work great.

5. Any idea what the best method of germination for this situation would be, totally in soil or with paper towels?

6. I bought 3 mylar emergency blankets (i think they were like 3 bucks each from wal-mart (not a big walmart shopper, but I just couldn't find what I needed elsewhere). You would only need one (even doubled over it's big).

7. I heard a rumor that FFOF is a bit hot for brand new seedlings (I might be using it for my seedlings soon so I hope not). I am going to be growing from seed for the first time shortly (well, not including lima beans and tomatoes :)), and I got some rapid (I typed rabid the first time, lol) rooter plugs which the girl at the hydro store recommended.

8. I hear folks swearing by those RR plugs. personally I use Jiffy Pellets. they can be found in almost any deptartment store that has any kind of gardening section, and they are cheap. ( about 10 cents apiece)

gl