Some insight on a Burglarly Investigation?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheYinofYang, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Hey whats up guys, I googled this earlier and didn't really find any adequate answers so I figured I would use the wealth of knowledge here at GC.. I'm a college student and my apartment was recently burglarized right before summer, there were no immediate leads although the police dusted for fingerprints. It's been about 5 months now since it happened and I was wondering if I can expect any conclusion or recovery of any of my items or is the case normally dead by 5 months? The county which I go to college in is relatively small although its within an hour of two big cities. Any insight or experience with this? I know it takes a while for prints to get back from the labs ect just curious, thanks GC

2. Sorry to say but if they haven't found anything by now, they probably won't catch them.

3. No, you will not be getting your weed, pipe or bong back.

-Lonely Planet Boy

4. There was a thread earlier today about this, 3 kids were dressing up as ninjas and wtfpwning police.

Your stuff ain't coming back though, it's all been sold on ebay by now.

5. well I want to catch the guys as much as get my stuff back and the investigator told me it takes time to build a case for all the tests to come back (fingerprinting ect.), already made peace with all of my stolen weed/pipes long ago :smoking:

6. Call the police station and ask.

7. hate to say it man but no. Your not getting your stuff back, and their not going to catch anyone either most likely. like 90% of burglarys never get solved. To be honest cops in most areas will just file the report, and never loook at it again.................not to put stress on you but cops have a lot of other shit to do.