some important questions and opinions needed!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jaimir, Dec 10, 2007.

1. HI THERE LADS! Off I go to my first growing experience! I'm very lucky to have a grow shop close to my work place so most of my questions were answered...This are the ones I didn't got to ask there.

My project rather simple but very tight...this is the site:

[​IMG]

Since we only have 80cm tall, the guy from the grow shop said that the only way to have a rentable system was to fill the hole place with clones in 15x15x20cm square vases and induce them into flowring right on the moment I bring them to the system. With this type of vases I can fill the site with 36 vases... My first question is:

Is it doable? What advice can you give me?

The 3 major problems (light, ventilation/temperature and smell) are already taken cared off by an HPS 400W inside a cooltube and 2 fans circulating it, and a mini carbon filter in other 2 fans.

Next problem is, if I am going throught with this, where the hell can i get 36 clones? The only way to get them (i thought) is if I produce them with mother plants. If i get 3 diferent types of mother plants, I could take 12 clones of each. Second question is:

Is it doable? LOL! How much time, if I start only with seeds, it will take so I can get about 12 clones from each plant? What type of plants do you advise me to use? after I take 12 clones from a mother plant, does she survive? Is it true that mother plants don't smell?

My last problem seems more simple... If I get 10 seeds from a site here in the internet, how do I see if the plants are female or male since I am only mantaining them on the growing fase? is it rentable to use only feminized seeds?

2. need some help over here mates..:wave:

3. Interesting idea you got here.....Im no pro or anything but I can offer you some thoughts

First of all, 80 cm = ~2.5 ft, thats cutting it pretty close. Is the HPS going inside or outside? thats a pretty important factor. You will also need to LST or SCROG them to make sure they dont get too big. Yes you will definitely need to start them on 12/12 right away to limit growth, however I think your supposed to give clones 24/7 light for a week or 2, Ive never cloned so I couldnt really tell you.

Also, I think 36 clones is too many for your space and 400 watter, I think it would be better to have maybe 15? Better to have over-lighted plants than not enough light.

As for mothers, it would probably take around 4 weeks or so to take cuttings, I think you're supposed to wait till around the 5th set of leaves or so? Once again not 100% on that...
    Yes the mothers stay alive, in a veg state, I dont think they would smell too much

If I get 10 seeds from a site here in the internet, how do I see if the plants are female or male since I am only mantaining them on the growing fase? is it rentable to use only feminized seeds?

I couldn't figure out what you were talking about when you said ^^. Personally I would think you would go for an indica strain? Look for people growing 12/12 from seed. Since you are growing them 12/12 from the start they should sex in 3-4 weeks, they'll look like any other plants.

GL hope my ramblings did some good.

4. For how to tell if they're male or female from seed, you can try cutting a clone and flowering it in your box, that will tell you for sure the gender of your mother plant. The only issue is that you don't seem to have much space to grow from seed, in which case you'd have a harder time ensuring that you get a female to be your mother plant. I think that you're right and you should use feminized seeds in your situation, but you're still going to need a place to grow them from seed and maintain the mother plant. Your plan sounds fine to me, except for the part where you don't have a veg box to keep the mother alive.

5. yeh TP is spot on mate the scrog method is the way to go;)

yeh your height is the prob here bud, time your pots are in & light hanging down your height will be reduced considerably ,width is ideal for scrog but i would only go for 5-10 plants max(probably 5),just to learn whats what.(its a real noodle scratcher at first mate ,wheres this 1 tied to & where to tie this 1 next & so on & on....,so you can imagine the work that needs applied........A LOT:eek:,but when you master it wow:hello:)

your basically tying the shoots to the wire opening up your plants so full benefit of light hits all points producing nice buds ,the wire with you tying them ,stops the buds growing in height but will be growing in mass at no time going through the wire as thats there too hold em down & you open em up;) ,you will need2 adjust the height slightly as you go, also TP said go for a prodimenantly indica plant as there small & sqautty.

ah time for work ,bummer ,so read up on the scrog method mate & all the best with your venture. hope this helps ,could go on for ages but im allready late for work but couldnt go without agreeing 100% with ThePot..............SCROG:D

happy growing:wave:

6. Thanks mates that was very helpfull! :D

So it's doable, if i scrog the clones so they can support the buds...So my plan now will be to find out who has motherplants, and try to plant out on this metod 10 clones... if this works, I will move on, on doing the same with more clones...

CHEARS LADS!

7. Hey you may want to try 12/12 from seed. The plants stay small around 2 feet and you can grow more of them at a time. When you find out sex you remove the males and start more seedlings. I would go with 16 to 24 6 inch pots.

Also the stain is very inportant here. Some stains like indica don't produce very well. Some proven stains are: Northern lights ( average 2 feet. and tasty) basiclly anything with mostly sativa genitics will work. Check out my 12/12 norther lights grow here. Click my sig. My buddy Oldgrayhair has posted some tasty pics of his flowering girls. Oh and my avatar is Northern lights 12/12 from seed.
    Good luck!:smoke:

8. no probs mate

all the best & happy growing;)