Some home grown questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StaminaIsSuga, Jun 5, 2010.

1. #1 StaminaIsSuga, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
    I'm not that well versed in the gardening aspect of marijuana. Got a few questions.

How much does the average single plant yield, 4 ounces?

How much does a basic set up cost for indoor hydroponic growing?

How do reggies and mids come into existience? Are they created to be shitty or is it just a muffed attempt? Is it some how cheaper to grow mids and regs? Are reggies even grown indoor?

When danks have seeds in them does that simply mean it's a male plant? Do seeds always indicate a worse bud?

2. A plants yield will differ from grower to grower. Yield mostly depends on the conditions and age of the plant.... light, co2, water, fertilizers, tempature, and humidity are all factors. An average experienced grower will get about 1/2 gram per watt of light used if most conditions are optimal.

A guy could get him a used cheap 250 watt HPS for flowering and use a old 4 foot shop light for veg...a fan and a little odor control would get you goin. You would also have the expense of pots, soil, fertilizers, exc....

I have taken reg seeds and grown chronic...so, the obvious answer to me is...regs are usually seeded (which lowers quailty) poorly fertilized, poorly dried, and very, very poorly cured.

3. Yeah, but the price vary so severly. I just don't understand the discrepency. The grower is still spending just as much money to grow danks as he is to grow mids in your scenario, so what's the catch? So just because some growers are clownin regs exist? Aren't regs grown with the intention of being regs? I feel as if the cost of growing regs must be extremely cheap in order for them to be able to sell regs at such low prices. My guess is that it's just grown in mass bulk outside and not treated for to great, so the cost of production is so cheap they can just hoop it up down the line. Real danks takes all that survilance and more equipment. This is my assumption i was just looking for a confirmed answer

4. regs are cheap because they are seeded, which means thc content it much lower. when a female plant is pollinated it slows thc production in favor of seed development. regs could be dank if they are treated with care and kept away from the males. there is a lot of discrepancy because each strain, and ultimately, each plant is different. good conditions, indoors or out, and reg.s can be some dank assed chronic. you'd never know it though because the plant you got the seed from was never grown to it's potential.

5. #5 Blaxmith, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
    also regs and mids are usually VERY poorly handled... so a lot of the THC on the surface is lost in transit... as well as the buds being crushed/damaged.

Yeah regs are usually grown en-masse, probably outdoors, probably not fertilized.. could be dried and cured totally outdoors.. just laying in the sun. all of these factors lower the quality of the bud and make it cheaper/easier to produce large quantities.

6. Give a man some paint and brushes and the simple fact is he won't paint as good a picture as the master even though he had all the same tools. Growing is an art, not a science. You will see a lot of the better growers around here talk about 'dialing in' there system. Different strains act differently the same as different breeds of dogs do. So there really is no 'average yield.'

I don't know how much a basic hydro system costs because I don't grow hydro, but there are some great DIY ideas around here that can get you started cheap like this: http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-step-step.html

Like the posters above me said, schwag is the product of bad growers. People who care more about the money are the ones who let their females get pollinated, sell it as soon as it's dry without curing, and just generally mistreat the bud (compression? seriously?).

Just because a bud has a seed doesn't mean it's male. In fact it's the opposite. Males can't produce seeds. Like humans, the males produce pollen that knocks up the females. If you find 1 or 2 seeds in a bag though, it could be possible the plant was a hermie, but most bag seeds are the cause of plants getting jiggy with it in some mexican's basement.