Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some helpful advice needed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MexicanRadio, Jan 2, 2014.

1. This may be a bit of a long read, but I implore you to stick with me for a short while.Ok, so I've been smoking for a good 6 or 7 years now. I've lost a few contacts only to gain new ones. One contact I was utilizing was helping me through the processes of obtaining medicinal herb. Since its not legal in my state, they basically set me up if I needed some and that was that.Recently though, for perhaps the past year, my smoking experience has been markedly different. I've been far more prone to panic attacks while high. I've become aware of myself as a person, and my mind focuses more on the inner workings of my body than the world around me. I've found myself unnaturally drawn to my own heartbeat. It scares me whenever I feel it, especially when I'm high. So much so that I lose control of its beating and I try hard as hell to fight with it to stop it beating so hard. The fear mostly resides in the idea that one day, it'll stop beating, and I'm always afraid of when it'll happen.On top of the fear comes a strange problem with my mind focusing on my body's temperature. More than once I've been spurred suddenly into a case of chills because my body, while high, simply exaggerates the room temperature and I feel ridiculously cold.I enjoy smoking recreationally. Before the panic sets in, I have so much fun being high. The amount of things I can create or do, or even experience when I'm high are much greater than when I'm sober. So, my questions are as follows:1. Could this all be my mind becoming too focused on my being?2. Could this be a case of sensitivity to highly potent strains?3. What can I do to fix it? (Aside from stopping altogether)I've never had a thing keep me happy and make life just that more meaningful than cannabis. It's been a godsend, and my depressive state of mind would be much more immense without it. I just want a way to fix these feelings without dropping the herb. If you've experienced this before, please offer advice on how to get rid of it. If you've experienced it and had to quit because of it, please let me know. I'd rather regain my sanity than continue using something that only detracts from it.Thank you for reading and, hopefully, responding!

2. Dude, you're on a drug. Remind yourself of that when you start feeling anxious, no matter what... soon the feeling will leave with the drug leaving your bloodstream. sent from underneath my balls

3. #3 Tree Of Life, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
    When I first started smoking I had the whole 'focus on my heart beat' problem too. Eventually you'll realize you're just freaking yourself out and you'll get used to your heartrate rising. It's really no big deal dude, weed raises your heartrate. Don't sweat it man.

4. Sounds like your smoking stress weed, bummer, shwag, it's old nd the thc has oxidized turning into CBN, and the CBD degrades, so it can't be there to lessen that anxiety, potent strains don't do that, I would experience everything you speak of with stress weed. Try and get a fresher batch of decent homegrown, nothing special, or any potent Indica will be fine they are loaded with CBD, and there is a strain called harlequin, it's not super stony but it's like 8% THC and 7% CBD which is rare CBD hardly passes 1% except for the strongest Indicas like purple Kush, Gods Gift and those are 2% tops but 14-18% THC, CBD negates the panic, anxiety bullshit.