Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some help?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tree Of Life, Feb 27, 2013.

1. I picked up some Blue Dream a few days ago and it was great at first, but slowly it started to taste horrible. Now it just taste like grassy. Did it mold? I'm thinking that's what it is. Anyone know?

2. Got any pics?

3. I don't. There's no visable signs of mold or anything anyway though. Which is weird because mold would be obvious, but I don't know man, after like 5 days the dank blueberry and haze taste turned into grass. Was it not cured long enough or something? I had it in a bag by the way.

4. Was it really dry when you first received it?

5. Actually it wasn't dry, but it wasn't wet either. They were a bit more moist than usual though, and it dried out a bit while in the bag. You think it's molded? Is there any types of mold that are 'invisible'?

6. If you can't visually see or smell mold then it should be mold free, have you cleaned your piece lately?

7. For sure bro. I'm obsessive when it comes to cleaning my piece. Even when it's freshly cleaned this herb just taste like grass. Do you think it was just like pulled off the plant and quick dried or something? Is Blue Dream one of those strains that doesn't really need a cure like some Sour Diesels and OG's?

8. Maybe just the batch you or your dealer got man I have seen Blue Dream that smells kinda like grass before too I guess it just boils down to the quallity of the grow.

9. Keep in mind when I first got the bud it was fine. Tasted great like I said. It was a normal Blue Dream taste and it somehow warped from that to tasting like shit in a few days after being in a bag. That's what has me so stumped. I can understand if it just didn't taste that good when I got it, but the fact that it tasted great when I first smoked it puzzles me.

10. You should store in an airtight glass container.

11. I used to use a jar until some bud that wasn't fully dried molded. Now I just use a bag. Usually in a bag the bud just dries out after a while. It's not supposed to go from dank tasting to crap.

12. I have no idea what to make of this.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Any growers that can offer some knowledge?

14. I don't think it is mold as you say you havn't seen any.

Do you store you bud in a cold/warm environment? Room temperature is the best.
    Is it in a light or dark place? Dark is best.

You said it wasn't wet and it wasn't dry, so it still had moisture and could have been cured longer. I don't know if you checked, but did the stems bend or snap when you first got it?

I don't like using plastic bags, as overtime they do degrade some THC content of the cannabis. Some bags also have a plastic like smell, maybe that is what you are smelling. When it dried in the bag it might have got some of the smell from the bag.

Glass jars are the best. The reason yours bud molded was it was probably wet right? Did you "burp" it (as in open it) once or twice a day on a daily bases for a week (or until dried).

Scoob:wave:

15. Environment's fine. Now that you mention it though the stems didn't snap. I guess it just wasn't dried from the start. But why would it taste like it was cured at first? Why would it taste just like any dank Blue Dream would taste and then as it dries out start to taste like grass?

16. When you first got it, did it have a chlorophyll type taste to it? Did you have trouble lighting it? And did the bud have trouble staying lit?

The bud was never properly and completely cured since it was still wet. Maybe it was "cured" in your bag too quickly. Did the bag begin to get moisture in it? The curing process makes a world or a different to the bud. It should be dried slow with the proper environment *hanging* and then thrown in glass jars to cure.

17. Not at all. Like I said when I first picked up it was fine.

18. That's a hard one! That is all I got :eek:. Imo. it has to do with something that happened when it as it dried. If it was wet it couldn't have tasted PERFECT? But some strains do have a really nice taste that matches the name -after being picked. :smoking:.

19. Now that I think about it there was a slight chlorophyll taste when I got it, but it wasn't really too noticable. It just tasted like Blue Dream. I'm starting to think it wasn't even dried to begin with. Thanks for the help bud. :bongin: