Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some help with where to look for a job

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TazzLAzz, Feb 29, 2012.

1. i am 18. Never had a job. Never looked for a job. I'm not really strapped for cash because i make money in other ways. But i need a job to get out of school and it would be nice to be able to save my profit and just spend the money from my job. Not to mention i'm sure i would get a lot of customers.

Anyway how do i go about looking? Where should i go?

I was thinking about looking at the taco bell by my school. But everyone who works in there is in there 20's. So do i have a shot?

And should i apply at safeway even though i go in there wreaking of bud all the time. And i generally mug at one of the workers cuz shes a bitch.

I mean what are the best places for me to apply to? And how do i go about applying? Do i just get a job application? Do it online? Or actually go in there? I don't have any extra curricular activities and shit to put on a resume. But i can say i worked at my moms restaurant.

2. Fucking apply EVERYWHERE, man. Even for the shit you think is a bit of a reach. You never know, you could get lucky.

It's your first job so (as you know) beggars can't be can't be choosers!

Hit up Craigslist, dude, TONS of shit on there.

3. Go sell weed.

4. Yea i'm already on that. I want a legal job too though.

5. I'm in a similar situation but slightly older and I have a somewhat irregular money flow.. I would stick with the food industry. Working as a sales associate is good but they drug test you usually when you get an interview (if they hire you). If you stick with food long enough you can possibly apply somewhere new and be a waiter or busboy or something and make a nice tip!

Try the Taco Bell. You may not like it but it's a job and it pays, that should be a good enough compensation. You can try McDonalds as well, people give it a lot of crap but they pay the same as other jobs.

6. cant you ask your parents this question or something?
    do you really need to come to a weed forum to ask how to get a job?

7. Don't go for taco bell...you have legit restaurant experience at your Moms place. You need to use that fact as ammunition to get a legit serving job at a restaurant. Start with like a TGI Fridays or Applebees. You will earn tips and get a start in an industry that you can work in anywhere. Start as a server and ask to get into bartending. Move on to working at legit Restaraunts/Bars/Lounges/Clubs.

One of my friends took that path in life and now at 29 he bar tends at some of the best nightclubs in Scottsdale/Vegas... he says he makes about $300-$1,000 per night and works 3-4 nights a week.

8. I'd hire you... to be my crack dealer...

9. Craigslist or newspaper classifieds

10. This may sound obvious, but if your mom owns a restaurant why not work there? Money + job experience.

11. Why not just stay at your moms business?

12. I don't talk to my parents like that. I just needed some advice. This is the general section of a weed forum. If you don't like my thread don't post.

I honestly doubt i can get a legit serving job. And my mom sold her restaurant a couple years ago. I never actually worked there. Just gonna use because i don't have any experience.

13. your actually in apprentice tokers... "This is the forum for you if you're new to toking or you have questions about the herb."

14. HAHA Why does this happen so frequently?

15. Lol wtf? I thought i was in general. My bad. I'm high.

16. Snagajob.com bro. Sign up and you get bout fitty (50) emails a day about jobs hiring in your area. Sh*t gets annoying but they do help.

17. Do everything. Apply online, then call to make sure they got it, then walk in to follow up. Dedicate yourself to getting a job and you'll find one.

18. [quote name='"bobby82"']Snagajob.com bro. Sign up and you get bout fitty (50) emails a day about jobs hiring in your area. Sh*t gets annoying but they do help.[/quote]

Is this legit?

19. oh make a resume, and yea, or newspaper :p

20. Monster, USAjobs.gov ect ect
    Get a resume together and search the web pages
    GL