Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some Green Dragon Qs(Freezer)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by LuxSpiritus, Jul 10, 2014.

1. #1 LuxSpiritus, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Hi,
    So today I started a cannabis tincture. I plan on using the freezing method for about a month. With shaking every 2 days. I have 2 primary questions.

1. I used 151 Bacardi what was left of it was about 250ml. I thought I needed some filler so I added some citrus alcohol with 30%/volume I just added enough to be content. Will the citrus alc which has citric acid aid in the extraction? Or cause a problem?

2. My second question is. I have a Super Freezer in my dad's old freezer from the 90's he let me take. The normal freezer is about 38 degrees F and the super freezer runs about ten degrees lower. Will the super freezer be more effective? Or more harmful to the contents?

One final question. I used about 4g of high quality full flowers and sun-dried by the grower. As well as all of the kief in my grinder which was about 1.5g. I also added all my collected stems which I did not weigh but maybe 1-2g worth.

Do you think more alcohol would be required with higher content? And what is the ideal time for the best extraction?

That will be all.
    Thank you, and stay high.

2. Oh and the citrus alcohol has a high sugar content, and I believe thc can bond to sugar

3. 250 ml was all you needed. Working with 151 is hard. Enough, diluting the alcohol with the something even lower % alcohol could likely cause problems.

You have two methods mixed up. If you follow PSams' recipe you can have a freezer batch in 48 hours or so.

I suggest you go a little lower in the list of topics and find "another tincture "

He also has another much shorter thread called dragon lite

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Ok I'll check it out, thanks

For that 4g and a bit of kief and stems you should have used about 100ml of the alcohol, as long as it covers the material, if you're going to let it soak. The result is going to be pretty weak because the 151 won't concentrate very much before it separates. The citrus won't hurt it but wasn't needed and weakened your extraction more. You may have to do a shot for an effect.

Your freezer isn't a freezer if it's above 32F. If that's the case, definitely use the super freezer.

While this particular project might not turn out as you'd like, don't give up. If 151 is all you have access to, other than the weak citrus stuff, then you make a great tincture with the kief instead. Just put your kief in the freezer separate from your freezing alcohol for 24 hours the add the alcohol and shake. You can let it sit if you want but it's ready almost immediately. You should use 1-2 grams of kief/hash per fluid ounce of 151.  :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sam i might just message you the results just for all the help you've provided.

That would be fine. I just wanted to answer your questions here in case someone saw it and had the same kind of questions. If you ever get your hands on the high proof stuff, we'll create you a tincture that will knock your socks off.  ;)