Some good reading

Discussion in 'General' started by dopey_won, Sep 3, 2004.

1. This is a bit long, but it goes quick.... pretty good too!!

I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big houses and big campfires. I
    believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies. Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia it is an opinion. I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different,
    weird, or tick me off. When 70% of the people who get arrested are a minority, in cities where 70% of the population is a minority, that is not racial profiling, it is the law of statistics.

I know what sex is, and there are not varying degrees of it. If I received sex from one of my subordinates in my office, it wouldn't be a private matter or my personal business. It would be "FIRED" immediately!
    I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen you should have to speak English! My father and grandfather should not have died in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.
    I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you
    threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word
    "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation recount votes when needed. I know what the definition of lying is. I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business. We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor. I know wrestling is fake, but
    so are movies and television, and that doesn't stop you from watching them.
    I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative with a cause is more
    dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.
    I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue
    to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system
    that's better and put your name on the building.
    Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a
    parent to stand up to the kid and smack his/her little ass when necessary
    and say,"NO"!

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't
    pretend they are a political statement. And please stay home until that new
    lip ring heals, I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you
    serve me French fries! I am sick of "Political Correctness" and of all the suck ups that go along
    with it.

I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born
    in Africa, so how can they be "African Americans"?
    Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European
    American because my great, great, great, great, great, great Grandfather was
    from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.
    And if you don't like my point of view, tough! GET OVER IT!!! WAKE-UP WHILE
    YOU STILL HAVE A COUNTRY TO WAKE UP TO!!

"In God We Trust" If you don't like it in the schools, DON'T SPEND MONEY!!

:eek: Thats not meant to :devious: offend :devious: anyone, if it did i'm sorry, it is only my opinion...

2. I've read that before, and I agree with it 100%... unfortunatly, not everyone does... bleeding hearts, I guess you could say. But that's cool.. everyone has their own opinions and ideas... Anyway, glad you posted it, cause I had forgotten about it, and it was nice to see it again.

3. wow....somebody actually said it.....i agree with you on most of what you said...but i do think that immagrants have the rite to come to any country they want to try and have a better life. i believe that everybody is equal,so none should be treated better or worse then anybody.i strongly agree on what you said about the black only tv shows and such...if caucasions did that then we would be labeld as a racist. i am in no way racist at all, i have friends of every colour, and my family immagrated here decades ago. these are my personnel thoughts that i have gatherd through-out my life, and im not tryin to influence anyone to think the way that i do.

4. sounds like george carlin? he speaks the truth...

5. I dont think you're a racist, I just think you're ignorant. Some of what you said is the truth that people think is too blunt to accept, a lot of it is just lack of knowledge and the acceptance of common misconceptions.
    first of all Black Entertainment Television is owned by a white man. Started by a white man, and run by a white man. This is to cater to a specifig demogouge of the American population. Somewhat like the Univision channel (spanish speaking news and soaps etc...) . The reason he can get away with having BLACK entertainment television and not WHITE entertainment television is because the rest of the television stations already are. If you dont believe me look for as many black people in Friends or Sienfield, I've never seen one on Everyone Loves Raymond either. This station stands as a contrast to the rest somewhat similar to Fox News being contrast to the Liberal news media.
    If a minority is arrested more often for crimes than a white in a community than usually it's not just minorities loving to break the law. My black friends are pulled over more often than my white ones. The sentance for using crack (primarily black use) is must stiffer than the punishment for cocaine (primarily white). The cops will patrol the ghettos to bust weed users, and I don't think i need to tell anyone here that a wide spectrum of the population uses it. But you will never see a patrol car in the suburbs hunting down those 'rowdy white kids'.
    The anti-trust case about Microsoft you speak of was introduced by Congress as a way to break up the monopoly on the railroads, the oil industries, and other companies who controled all aspects of their field. This generated competition and prevented a company from price gouging (like Halie Burton is doing in Iraq right now with their no-bid contract).
    The reason that blacks are referred to as African Americans is because they don't know where they come from. If you research your family tree I'm sure you could trace it back to Brition, Prussia, France or where ever. But blacks in this country have been taken from all over the country of Africa and mixxed in this country with only one binding tie to one another, that being the country of their origin. We are all american but seeing how the majority of this country has dissected the population and created different classes amoungst us, you have little excuse to wonder where it came from or why, divide and conquer.
    Lastly don't hate the immigrants. I agree that to work in a costermer service position one should know english. The country is full of immigrants. Native americans are a small portion of this nation and being the decendant of an immigrant doesnt make you any better than the guy hopping a fence right now. This country wasn't built by you or your grandfathers. The Chinese built the railroads that the highways of today follow. The blacks provided the textiles that made this country rich, and this was all built upon stolen land. So don't act like you worked hard for this. All you brought to the world was guns liquer and disease.

Before you spew off at the mouth again I suggest you check your facts and follow the words of Jesus, "remove the log from your own eye before worrying about the splinter in your neighbors"

6. P.S. the friend that 'invented' the internet. Was actually misquoted. And he did advocate more research on the military project (developed at UCLA i believe) for wire communication that eventually evolved into the internet.

Thank you Al Gore

7. Wow!! easy killer!! I never said that i worked hard for anything. I never said I laid railways, or build the Hoover Dam, i just expressed an opinion, and pretexed it with the fact that it was not ment to offend, or aimed at any one specific person or group of persons. I never claimed to be better than anyone, or point out splinters(faults) of others. I simply offered food for thought, in a non-aggressive manner.
    It is your right to believe (and post) that you feel I am ignorant. But for you to say that all I brought to this world is "guns liquer and disease" is ignorance on your part, is in not? What all do you know of me? am I White? Black? Asian? Hispanic? Male? Female? Young? Old? You dont know.
    All you could know about me from previous posts even is that i enjoy smoking/growing marijuana, and that I spent a long 11 1/2 months in Iraq to free an oppressed country and hopefully bring them one step closer to having constitutional rights similar to the ones that allowed you to "Spew off at the mouth."
    So.... while we are playing with the logs in each other's eyes, you pull mine out, and I'll pull out yours, then we can build a nice log cabin and smoke some herb.
    Peace. :wave:

8. You actually didn't "express" anything. All you did was prove your ability to copy and paste someones else's opinion. This seems to be a trend with politically oriented posts here at the city. I mean if you "truly" agree with all that, then you should "truly" express it and put it in your own words. Be imaginative enough, and put out the effort, to "truly" express yourself.

You said the post wasn't meant to offend, I'm sure it wasn't. Neither was the original that you copy and pasted. It's intention, in it's original form, was most probably to draw, white god-, (homosexual, immigrant, and minority)fearing people who usually don't vote, to the republican party.

This reminds me of the way the romans felt about early christians, and the way "most" republicans feel about anyone who they look down upon, or disagree with. It strikes me as ironic to the extreme that a party, who's platform includes "good christian values", is promoting intolerance on so many levels. Doesn't the bible teach, "love thy neighbor"? Last I checked it didn't mention loving them as long as they aren't,"different,
    weird, or tick me off. "

Spooky stuff...............

P.S. I realize you never mentioned being a member of the republican party or a christian, but I would be amazed if the source of your post wasn't affiliated with either of these groups in some way. Am I wrong?