Some good news - and some bad news...

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Marsdude, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Poor Hostess. :rolleyes:
    The article sites that the health craze is what is causing their issues, that and the fact that their workers are unionized. I think their prices are unrealistic, and cannot compete. Hostess charges $3.50 for a box of Twinkies. Little Debbie makes a cream filled sponge cake identical to the Twinkie for $1.78 a box. In today's economy, a million moms looking for lunch cakes for their husbands or kids are going to grab the cheaper option. There aren't many people who, when faced with the option of paying $3.50 or $1.78 for the same snack, are going to go with the more expensive Twinkie. Being a housewife and mother of two, I speak from experience here.

2. The costs of Twinkies was driven up by advertisement costs and probably by the costs of the preservatives they put in their products,,I don't recall ever seeing a ""sell by date"" on them.

3. Lay off the Twinkies! They're too good for ANY of us to be upset at them!

4. I'm not ranking on Twinkies, just their maker. :smoke:

5. #6 xdog, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    OMG - You're feeding your kids Little Debbie's!? :eek:

Oh well, if that stuff was that bad, I'd have been dead long ago.

Hostess went BK 3 years ago also - must be a rough market to be in with this economy.

6. You can tell this is a stoner forum. All the comments so far have been about the Twinkies! :yummy:

7. That is because we are stoned and this thread was planted by Doritos and Orville Redenbacher to drive up profits.

And we know about twinkies,while trying to explain the lung study and the ability of our government to ignore science is a depressing subject.:smoke:

8. :eek: It's not just Twinkies. They make Ding Dongs too! :eek:

9. [quote name='oltex']That is because we are stoned and this thread was planted by Doritos and Orville Redenbacher to drive up profits./QUOTE]

Alright, here at Doritos we obviously have a leak. I'll do a Romney and fire everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. :eek::eek: OMG! It's worse than I thought! :eek::eek:

11. They should drive up the price of twinkies and drop the cost of organic produce :D

12. Ho-Ho's and snowballs - remember those things man? I could go for one of those little lemon pies right now. :smoke:

To show you kids how old I am, I toured a Hostess plant in Los Angeles 40 years ago on a field trip in fourth grade.

13. I bet if you had recieved a sample Twinkie back then, it would still be edible today! :smoke:

14. Do not talk about food anymore,especially the good stuff,,my chair can't stand it.