Some glass bubblers my buddy just made. PICS.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Stigma, Apr 2, 2012.

1. So I just got back from my buddies house and he just made these 2 bubblers over the last couple days.

I know u guys love to be critics in this forum so I figured this would be the best place to post for some constructive criticism (or just normal criticism :D).

Here are the 2 bubblers together.
    [​IMG]

And here is the one with a AC he made for it. All pieces have 16slit showerheads.

[​IMG]

He also made me the piece in this thread:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/bongs-bubblers-water-pipes/1020948-new-bubbler-milk-vid-pics.html

We are wondering what would be a fair price to sell these kinds of pieces for.

All opinions are welcome.

Sorry for shitty cell phone pics.

2. ooooooh, that is impressive, i REALLY like the showerhead one. the second piece in the first pic.
    love that shit.
    tell him hes reallyfucking good yo

3. He has been blowing glass for a little over 6 months at this point. :D

The kid is just a natural I guess.

What would u pay for these pieces? (realistically)

4. I would pay probably between 80 and 100 for one of those. This dude really knows his stuff for how little time hes been blowing. do you know how much it generally costs in material to make a bubbler like this (not including all the machinery required for blowing glass)?

5. Um I dunno how much $$ worth of material is there. Not a lot .
    I think u would be paying more for the craftsmanship than the material in this case though. :D

I could see 80 - 100 for the one piece on the right of the first pic. The second pic I see shit similar on ******* for like 500+ if u included that AC. He was thinkin 200 - 300 range for the bubbler with ac... (closer to 300)

This is all just speculation though. Thats why I was asking u guys what u think.

6. The only reason most things to for so much is because they are collectable. Or because they have a big name behind them

7. Yep I agree.

So having this be a new blower that u dont know, what would u value these at?

8. for the first pic, id def think like the over 100 dollar range haha 200 TOPS. tops now.
    idk bout the sec pic, not a good judge for that one.
    but thefirst 2 are sick as fuck bubbs. not many like that around.

9. Local blown glass (like your buddy) usually doesn't go for as much as brand name tubes do. I'd say 75-100 for the bubbler on the right, and 100-125 for the one on the left with out the ashcatcher. I'd probably pay about 75-100 for the ashcatcher. These are just the prices that I think are reasonable.

10. The second pic is the same piece as the first pic just with a AC attached to it. :D

I like that he actually puts a design in the down steam. He is gonna make a worked downsteam with designs in it next time.

11. Sounds reasonable to me. :D

I am just testing the waters so I can tell him what people think. He really has no idea what to price this stuff at.

12. Those are really nice looking man!

Makes me want to pick up glass blowing :smoke:

I have no idea what to price them at unfortunately, I dont buy a lot of bubblers.

13. It's like a business. People are going to be quick to disregard the no-name with high prices. But when no-name sells quality at an affordable price people are going to keep buying and demanding more until his shit is on back order. Until his stuff is on back order your better off selling for a low price until he has a reputation.

Do whatever he/you was and are going to do though. Just speculation and seen it happen a lot. Not with glass pieces but you get the idea.

14. I am with u on the first paragraph of the post. (and agree 100%)

The second part completely confused me man. Please explain.

15. o0o0o dude I like! Close ups of the work, it looks damn clean.

16. The second part was me explaining that they are going to do what they're going to do, so do what you do. I'm not in a good way right now and don't want to clutter this thread with all the useless BS I was going to post pertaining to starting low.

17. Ill bring my digital cam to his house tomorrow and get better pics. I will take pics of the other stuff he has too.

Right on. Thanks man. :D

18. Updated pics and a video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tGviZ6L288&context=C413aba6ADvjVQa1PpcFNbodo8cpfps4y4k2I1uEAraLpUId_FoYY=[/ame]

19. Some pretty cool looking pieces. One thing you could have him look into is reinforcing his joints, like on the ash catcher.

20. He can definitely do that. This is just a prototype. He actually just gave this entire setup to his dad today. So he is making some more "stick stacks" (or whatever the hell they are called) in different colors and he is gonna make a couple different ones.

I will tell him to reinforce the joints on the next one.