Some General Questions...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by noctorum, Sep 5, 2004.

1. First time I've grown really much of anything.

I have enough space in my closet, and I was wondering about what lighting to use, can I use HPS from beginning to end, or would that be a bad idea?

I read somewhere it was 40 inches away for 1000watt HPS, that sounded really excessive compared to what I've read elsewhere, saying 2-4 inches..

Although 1000watt for 2-3 plants is likely to be excessive, is there such thing as 'too much' light?

Germination-Determine Sexing-Veg-Flower-Harvest, is the right process, right?

How long is each period?

Has anyone grown Blue Mystic? Any strain-specific tips?

Whats the optimum soil?

Because they say Blue Mystic is a short plant, will that in turn leave less roots? i.e. would a 4 gallon pot at full growth be fine?

When should I transplant? I only want to once to reduce stress

And I don't suppose someone has a detailed guide with pics on harvesting? I'm still a little confused :/

Props to everyone who can help answer these q's for me :smoke:

~Noctorum

2. a 400 watt hps should do you for thwe whole grow period, keep the light about 18 - 24 inches from the top of the plants ,after a couple of crops you may want to invest in an aggro light ,or a halide for vegetative growth
    #
    the distance is 2 - 3 inches for cuttings or new seedlings and only under fluorescent lights .