Some general questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gollygreengiant, Mar 22, 2009.

1. So I'm a first time grower with a few questions:

1) How do you control the smell? doesn't having one or two pot plants smell up your whole house?

2) For my first grow should i use seeds i found in my bags of weed because its free? I mean, if i order them online and get some Northern Lights or something and then the plant dies b/c it's my first time, isn't that just a big waste of money? Does it even work with seeds out of a bag of mids?

3) I'm planning on doing this in an EXTREMLY confined area with no windows nearby, so how can i get some good ventalation going through?

ALL HELP IS APPROPRIATED:hello:

2. 1) How do you control the smell? doesn't having one or two pot plants smell up your whole house?

Get a fan with a carbon filter or make a scrubber[stickied post]

2) For my first grow should i use seeds i found in my bags of weed because its free? I mean, if i order them online and get some Northern Lights or something and then the plant dies b/c it's my first time, isn't that just a big waste of money? Does it even work with seeds out of a bag of mids?

I'm currently using bagseed from mids and they seem to be doing fine. Its my first grow, but i'd suggest you do a bagseed grow first to get the hang of it. If its successful, then move onto bigger, better strains.

3) I'm planning on doing this in an EXTREMLY confined area with no windows nearby, so how can i get some good ventalation going through?

Get a small fan, even a small PC would do fine. Just take a pic of your setup and i'll try to help as much as possible.

RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!

3. 1) Control odor with a carbon filter or ONA bucket. Several threads here on GC on how-to. It is possible for just 1-2 plants to smell up a house. Best to plan on having odor problems and a way to deal with it.

2) Very good way to look at it. Standard advice to newbies is to start with bagseed for that very reason. Look for seeds that are brown or grey and that do not crackle when you roll them firmly between your thumb and forefinger. Seeds from mids are very capable of growing out, that's what Mother Nature had in mind in the first place.

3) For ventilation help you'll need to give us more info on this confined area and surrounding characteristics. But basically you need to be able to intake cool fresh air and exhaust warm air, changing out the air in the grow space (which is needed for the plants but conveniently also gives you a way to manage odor and temps as well).

4. Thank you both, your advise helped a bit. i just started germinating the seeds from my mids, hopefully i can plant them soon. also, where can i get this carbon filter thing?

5. Usually in a PEtco or pet section of a store