Some first time grow questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Baked potato, Nov 13, 2007.

1. So its my first grow i have 2 plants and I'd say the plants are 2.5-3 weeks old dont remember exactly how old. They are looking pretty healthy besides tiny yellow spots on some of it so a few questions I have about my setup.

No fan, I dont have fans on them right now, for ventilation i open the window by them for a few minutes every few hours and leave it cracked open when i can. I have a whole room so it isnt a confined space or anything. Is this ok?

Another thing as i said above they have some yellow spots and I was wondering if its ok to add a tiny bit of miracle grow now, not sure if there is nitrogen in it or not. I've heard about ferts put on to soon killing plants so thats why im asking.

edit: its liquid mircale grow dont know if this matters or not

2. Pics would be a great help to get better answers...but I know not everyone can do that.

First thing is get a small oscillating fan blowing gently across them. This is very important in strengthening their stems to support the budding down the road.

I'd stay away from any ferts at all this early in their life, and especially until you figure out the cause of the spots.....could be pests, light burn from moisture spots, improper pH, or simply that you may have started them in a soil that has nutes in it and they have small burns.

Pics if possible, fan definitely and best of luck! OGH

3. Thanks, Yeah its probably because i started them for the first few days in miracle grow.then transplanted them and mixed the miracle grow in.. going to flush them today.. not sure if fan is possible yet but going to try and set one up