Some Days I Am

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by love_stoned, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Really sad/depressed for no reason. Or my motivation/energy levels are so low I don't do shit so I feel useless/lazy & then I start to feel sad.

For example today I had no work scheduled so I had no obligations -- I got up at a reasonable time but I feel like I have not done anything of importance today... but frankly I haven't. So since I don't have work or any sort of duty that makes me feel useful I start to let my mind wander & it immediately goes to how I'm a worthless piece of shit.... I'm my worst critic & I am sure that's the same for everybody... but why is it that when I am alone & don't have much to do I just immediately make things depressing for myself?? Life is so beautiful & somehow this sick little brain of mine wants to complicate everything... Wants to make me fee uncomfortable in my skin all the time, wants me to think there is no way out, & wants me to think I am a nobody....

I am so sick & tired of feeling this way. I literally just want to be happy in my own skin.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I hear you loud in clear. I'm having one of those days today, thinking I'm a worthless and what's the point of even trying. It's hard to break out of it by yourself, but gotta start somewhere.

Go for a walk maybe to get some fresh air and Sun, enjoy the day. Maybe get into yoga, that's a fun little thing to do.

Gotta make things to do, the possibilities are endless. I suck at words so I can't give you much lol.

One thing I did was get a dry erase board and write some goals or little motivation quotes to help me on days like this.

I'm outta words though lol. But I know the feeling and it sucks.

I don't even know where I'm going with this lol. Just gotta keep telling yourself how much of a badass you are.

(I got what I want you say in my head, just can't convert it to text)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I actually am a big fan of yoga & am doing an hour of it later tonight. But yeah I hear you too.. & I guess it was just one of those days.

I went for a drive & listened to music & that helped. I was going to go see my friend but she ended up working today-- I know I can get out of it, you're right. It's just hard to do it alone, like you said. & yeah I guess I just need to tell myself I am a bad ass anytime I get down on myself-- or maybe that's the problem I just need to tell myself in general! The way I talk to myself isn't nice & I really should learn to be kinder to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. and like you said, we are biggest critics. I certainly now I am, mine. sometimes, no matter what compliment people give, I shoot it down in my head. Later in the day, or the next day, I look back and think, Damn I shouldn't have been so hard on myself, I mean I am awesome, badass, etc, etc. Just those brief moments when doubt slips into our mind, we gotta try hard to get back on track.

Kick some ass in that yoga session later! My day seems to be turning around also. Hopefully yours does too!

• Like Like x 1
  5. I feel ya op, im a pessimist so I cant go a day without thinking about something bad about myself or others. I know its bad to say but I look at people who have it harder than me eg. (being homeless, parentless, starving children, poverty stricken countries) and I see my life aint so bad. Try and get a full time job, I work 55 hrs a week plus another 8 at the gym. It helps get your mind out of negative thoughts.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. Start a daily workout routine! Take a class or two at your local community college! Join a martial arts class!

It's extremely important for depressive people to stay busy (speaking as one, myself)!

• Like Like x 2
  7. I used to do kick boxing 3x a week & I really just need more exercise & routine.

Thanks for the responses guys, definitely helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. OP, try being out in the world. Go on a bike ride through nature, or read a book at a coffee shop, or pound out some curls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I say try to stay busy to help keep your mind off those type of thoughts. You can also try meditating (preferably high) they have some soothing type music on YouTube you can listen too.

Fun fact: walking outside for just 30minutes improves your overall health and mood.