Some Compromise on Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SoulessStoner, Dec 20, 2012.

1. So I'm sitting here stoned and thinking about gun control. I am personally not in favor of strict gun control, as I feel restrictive gun laws only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens and place them in the hands of criminals.

One other issue that has gotten some attention in wake of the Connecticut shooting is the state of the mental health system in the United States. The mental health system is in shambles to put it nicely.

The idea I though of that I believe should be considered is a federal sales tax on firearm purchases. Something small, like 6% or so. The catch is, the money collected from taxes on firearms purchases could only go into a fund for mental health services.

Thoughts? Criticisms?

2. I fundamentally disagree with the concept of taxation. There is no nice way of putting it; it is theft.

3. #3 JohnnyWeedSeed, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
    Absolutely not! I say hell no to any and all additional taxes on anything as well as hell no to most if not all taxes we have now. I am also not willing to compromise even a tiny little bit with anyone who advocates any form of gun control in the least. I say no to any and all government regulation of any and all firearms. Never gonna change my views on that one bit. Anyone who supports any gun control measures in my opinion is a statest and can kiss the fattest part of my ass.

Molon Labe Obama, you anti American piece of shit!

4. If 99.999% of gun owners are law abiding citizens, why should they be punished as the result of the 0.001% that are criminals?

5. If 99.999% of statistics have no basis in fact, how do we identify the 0.001% that may be accurate?

@Johnny now why do you feel the need to call Obama a piece of shit? Even the NRA wants some things tightened. :rolleyes:

:smoke:

6. The only gun control I believe in involves muscles and breath.

7. I don't watch the news much. What have you heard 'it' saying about mental health?

It would be great if more people gained an interest in mental health and its causes...instead of people being satisfied in believing gun control is the solution.

(insert sarcasm) I can only imagine the insight and understanding that I missed by not watching the news.

8. Im not in the NRA, I dont agree with the NRA, I think the NRA are pussies for trying to reason with the irrational gun grabbing left and compromise with them and I fully stand by calling the worst president this country has ever seen who is trying to totally dismantle the constitution amendment by amendment before he leaves office a piece of shit. He is a piece of shit. I have more respect for the dog shit I got on my boots than for that sorry excuse for a man.

9. #9 CapitanQ, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
    Minimum requirements to own/carry handguns calling for basic training from a certified school that trains and test all applicants to FBI weapons training standards.

After a psyc eval and a back ground check,

Safety/storage/carry, marksmanship, target discrimination, basic gun fighting tactics and MOUT techniques as well as legal instruction and testing pertaining to the matter of carrying a gun. You WILL know how, when and when not to use your weapon by the time your leave or you will be denied.

Minim proficiency standards to be maintained and tested on an annual basis. If found competent with a handgun you will be allowed to own/carry whatever and however many handguns your bank acct. can take.

Licence will be on a shall issue basis, meaning if your not crazy and you have been a good boy or girl you get the chance to go take the training segment.

Licence holder privileges will include nation wide, unilateral handgun laws for licence holders to carry anywhere an LEO is allowed to carry.

LEO's nation wide would have a clear line drawn, not licensed? Have a handgun? Prison.. Licensed? Got legal CYA up the yaa zoo...winning.

10. If there isn't already some sort of federal tax in the process of buying firearms, at least NFA ones, I'd be surprised.

11. Damn :rolleyes:, no need to bring Bush into it. :smoke:

12. Definatly not.

13. I fully believe that this guy is just as bad if not signifigantly worse than Bush ever was. Hes Bush jr at least.

14. He definitely feels like Bushs third term in terms of foreign policy and domestic policy (resigning patriot act, continuing drug war)

They aren't as bad as some of the worst presidents in history, but today's major politicians are cut from the same cloth and artificially divided by a capital letter after their last name.

they've fooled everyone really well

15. OH noes not required training!! Learning how to use a gun before carrying would just be absurd and stomp all over their rights!! :rolleyes:

16. The Federal Government has no right and no authority to regulate firearms under the Constitution.

17. The Federal Government has no right to do most of the shit that it does but it does anyhow because the people are too lazy and brainwashed to do anything about it. We really need to completely overthrow this bloated beast and start from scrach with a severely limeted government that is 100% accountable for its every move and harsh punishment for politicians who step one inch out of line.

18. Yet they have the right and authority to regulate and limit every other right except the 2nd?

It's this same "ALL GUNS FOR EVERYONE!" v "NO GUNS FOR ANYONE!" poo throwing contest that is going to land us with some ignorant ass legislation like an assault weapons ban ...if the pro 2A just sticks it's head in the sand this time they are going to get fucked.

So we can try and reason/compromise by making this gun control legislation that IS coming, about education and regulation (The anti guns fav argument, use it) or we can just yell "From my cold dead hands" like a bunch of fucking morons and live with the bans they hit us with.

Though I hope we can guide the spaztic anti gun tards to more of a regulation/education, why don't we spend as much time busting the illegal gun trade as we do pot? mindset...b/c that really is the core of the prob. Buuuut something tells me "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" is the response they will actually get and they will proceed to ban our shit and trolololololol all the way home.

19. No they don't have Tue right to regulate the doctrine they must follow by law