Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some Bong Questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ArtistNotFound, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Okay, so I wanna know the distinction between 2 different bongs I've smoked before.

Theres one that works like a pipe. You dont pull the bowl out but rather it has choke.

Then theres the other type of bong in which theres no choke, but instead you pull the whole bowl piece off.

Some people wanna give me some with this? Is there more to this that I havent mentioned? I is confused.

2. I think your wondering about some bongs with a slide, and some with a carb.

The slides are just as you said, the bowl piece removes from the pipe completely only to be reseated when you've cleared the bong.

The carb is just a hole on the side on the chamber that allows fresh air to enter the bong. Some places call it a shotgun, most call it a carb...but yeah, usually the bowls aren't meant to be removed from those bongs. Instead of having a slide, it's more of just a downstem from the bowl. Either way it's a bong. Water is always better.

Hope that helps!

The_Genius

3. Bongs or any glass with a CARB are in some peoples eyes are asking from broken trouble. The hole/carb creates a vulnerable weakspot for your glass, which is why the slide method for most is seen as a better option.

In the end do what works for you, the slide thing takes some time getting used to but for me, it's easier to clean my bongs with the slide peices.

Also, if you buy a bong ask your headshop guy for a "glass screen" they go in the bottom of the slide and prevent a greatdeal of unburnt bd from being pulled into the water and wasted.