Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

some ash black, some ash white

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mateer, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Do you ever smoke a bowl, and sometimes the ash is dark and other times the ash is light? I'm sure there's a reason for this. I've been told has something to do with the flushing of the herb before it is harvested. Can anyone enlighten me?

2. ITs not only the flushing .. its how its dried and cured..
    If its black it was likely dried to quick.

3. The whiter the better. If the same bud leaves white ash and some times black, hit the black again, it is probably not totally burnt.

4. it might be because of inddor and out door.

5. ... Prettttyyyy sure it's the flush bro. Ever notice how the black ash tends to be stickier and almost like it hasn't been fully burned?

I've had weed that was still a little damp, burned to a perfect greyish white ash, was curing it over time as I had an O, accidentally left the jar open for 2 hours the second day and it was dry. Ruined the taste, but it still burnt to a greyish white ash.

6. I think it also has to do with the fact that at the end of the day you're burning combustible organic plant matter. If anyone has ever smoked with someone who absolutely torches the entire bowl to make sure it's cashed they'll see that most of the ash ends up being white. Black means there's still some organic matter there that hasn't been fully combusted (not saying to torch the shit out of every bowl and try and light your bowl until it's completely gone, mind you).

Happens in fireplaces too... the white ash is completely devoid of the organic matter it once was.

7. Ive heard that when the ash doesnt turn white it wasnt flushed properly

8. There's your answer OP