Some Artwork

Discussion in 'General' started by Badfish90, May 12, 2012.

1. I draw these when I'm bored at work. I call them self-portraits.

Lemme know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. They're kinda fucked up but whatever

3. Looks good, you should be one of those guys that draw people for some money, i forget what theyre called though

4. I don't know what they call the job but the drawings are called caricatures. Believe it or not, I've tried to do it but can't. I don't know why.

I'm trying to be a writer and I've started thinking about getting into animation to combine the two, though.

5. hmm not bad man u should def look into becoming a cartoonist
    u can make ur own show but u prob needa know how to write to
    if u can put a basis together an make some characters u can
    prob sell some ideas for now jus keep practicing,not bad at all =3

6. I dig it bro, there's a certain beauty in all things that are fucked up. (like #4's balding head. or #2's love-vomit.)

7. Thanks man. I feel the exact same way. I was hoping someone else would share that same view.

8. hump de bump

9. I like them. I make my living sculpting stuff with wool, and believe it or not, learning to draw well and put stuff in perspective and proportion changed everything for me. I think they kind of go hand in hand because sculpting is 3D, kinda like drawing but from every angle. So someone who draws can also benefit from sculpting.

Have you taken any art classes in school? I think you can learn a LOT from books too. My favorite (I do mostly animals) is Drawing Wildlife by J.C. Amberlyn.

I think caricatures are the best, it's a little like being high. You see so much that you don't see at first glance. Everything is amplified.

10. I feel like sculpting is so much harder just because it's seems like a lot more precision and requires steady hands. But it definitely interests me.

I've never taken an art class or read anything on it. Drawing has just always been like a hobby for me. I'll check out that book especially since I suck at drawing animals to haha

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I were sculpting with clay, or something that would dry and be permanent, I don't think I could do it, I'd get really frustrated. But with wool I can just rip part of it off, or make it thicker, or add wool right over the top of what I started with and change it. Plus we have sheep so other than their feed in winter, the materials are mostly free!

12. Wow, that looks really awesome too

13. Do you do your pics with pencil first, then go over it with pen? Now THAT would be frustrating...starting something in pen, then messing up and having to scrap the whole thing...

14. Two of those were done with pencil but I only erased once. You can tell which one it is cause the erase caused it to smudge.

The others are just free-handed with pen.