Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Some Advice...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by raptorjesus420, Oct 18, 2010.

1. #1 raptorjesus420, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
    First of all, hello all at GC. Im sorry if this is in the wrong section but i figured this would be about the best place to ask something. I need to know if I should fight a possession and paraphernalia charge I got yesterday.

The Story.

Me and My friend were driving home last night to drop me off after chilling at a friends house. My friend asked me if i wanted to roadie a bowl back and I said hell yeah. We pulled over in a street and he packed the bowl and then we started moving again but before he lit it up he accidently kinda ran a stop sign in front of a police cruiser. My friend hands me the freshly packed pipe and tells me to put it under my seat. The cop pulls us over and tells my friend his plates are expired (by 4 days lol) and asks why he ran the stop sign. My friend says that he just didnt notice it in time (and he did try to stop, he kinda rolled thru it though). Then the cop asks why the car smells like marijuana and we try to pull off the whole "we werent smoking but we were around other people who were" but they take my friend out and handcuff him and then do the same with me while they search the car. They ofc find his pipe, the bud, his grinder, and his scale (batteries were out so he didnt get a distribution charge).

Throughout this whole ordeal, I pretty much do not say a word other than "I do not know, not to my knowledge, not my car etc. The cop then asks my if im not going to cooperate with this ongoing investigation he is going to charge me with obstruction of justice along with possesion and para. I continue to observe my right when talking to them and they put me in a second cruiser that had arrived. They probably come over 3 or 4 times now and ask me if i would like to change my story and i refuse. They then tell me that my friend told them that i sold him the bud and that the pipe grinder and scale were mine (This was completely false, he admitted to owning everything in the car to them and said I didnt even know about the pipe). The first cop tells me I am being charged with possesion and paraphanalia.

They take us down to the station and some chick cop reads me my rights and asks me to sign a sheet of paper. I take the paper read it and realize its a consent to make a statement form. I told her I did not consent to make a statement and she goes ballistic on me telling me that I could get charged with distribution and go to jail if i do not cooperate. I tell her again i do not wish to make a statement. They pretty much leave me alone after that, getting mugshot, fingerprints etc. and then they tell me I am being released as they hold my friend for another hour or so.

So my question here is, what are my chances in fighting this in court and is there any obvious violaton of my rights according to my story? I didnt know cops could threaten you with bogus charges to get you to consent to a statement. I know I am new here but I really need your help guys. Thank you soo much in advance.:confused::confused::confused:

PS: this was in a suburb of Milwaukee, WI

TLDR: I got a paraphernalia and possession ticket for having a pipe under my seat when my friend even told them it was his.

2. I have no idea on the legal matters but that is BS right there if ive ever seen any.
    I got caught with a pipe in my hand and weed in my pocket and the pipe to my lips with a lighter in my hand by 2 fuckers on bikes and i walked away (albeit without my pipe or weed) without charges.
    sounds like cop bullshit but i heard that milwaukee is strict on marijuana laws.
    idk, thats dumb id plead no contest that you had no idea anything was in the car. not your car not your issue but they just got you with guilty by association. pricks.

i dont like half stories but if this is the whole story id fight it, if you win they would have to abolish your fingerprints mugshots and such im pretty sure.

3. I would advise sitting down and having a talk with your attorney. They would give you the best advice possible. I don't see why they would charge you with it since your friend said that everything was his but once again I'm no lawyer.

4. I hate that

5. I watch the tv show, Cops, a lot and there is something called Constructive possession. If you are in a buddies car and he has something illegal under the seat YOU are in. You can be charged with "constructive possession". Even if its his dope.

6. Thank you all for the helpful advice.

Right now I'm considering asking for a public defender and plead not guilty to the charges. I haven't gotten the ticket yet (they are mailing it) but depending on the first court date/ size of fine and other implications on my record (I would rather fight it in court mostly because i cannot have it affecting my financial aid or have to explain it when applying for jobs).

Me and my friend are going to meet up tonight and go over what our options are.

7. what does it mean to "make a statement" and why is that a bad thing?