Some advice is needed

Discussion in 'General' started by Samiam35, Sep 13, 2016.

1. I am a chronic pain patient and I've been on pain meds for a long time. I've been switched from dr to dr lately for one reason or another and I've been smoking weed every single night to help with withdrawals and other side effects.
    This new dr I'm seeing is a little paranoid to give me meds however she still helps me. She gave me a piss test back in July. It was a surprise so I wasn't prepared. I tried to dilute it and put about 3/4 of water in the cup, then pee'd a little for color and ended up pouring a little out and putting more water in it. I know for a fact that it wasn't tested the same day, it was most likely tested either the next day or two days later. The courier for the lab was there when I was done and didn't take my urine. About a month later I get a statement in the mail from Anthem and it says that my urine was sent to a toxicologist! However, I haven't been contacted by the dr, a nurse or anthem in any way. I feel like I'm going to be caught off guard when I go in to see the dr this Thursday. The dr assumed that I signed a pain contract and I actually never signed it at all. I've just been doing as she asks so she'll keep me supplied. Chronic pain and wd's are a bitch and I don't wish that on my worst enemy.
    I need advice on how to handle this if I'm busted. If the test came back posistive for weed wouldn't I have been contacted and fired from the practice? Why make me wait two months just to fire me and/or humiliate me at my appt? She usually gives me a script that day and then one for the next month. My anxiety is through the roof over this and I've been like this for a month!

2. Is being treated dependent on you not smoking pot? Does it say that in writing somewhere? I hate it when I get a routine going with some doctor and they move on leaving me with strangers. You'd think if the treatment is working they wouldn't change it but it just doesn't seem to work that way, there's always some asshole who thinks his way is better.

3. #3 Samiam35, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Kind of, I was caught back in June filling an old script. I've been weening myself off of meds for months. The dr lowered my meds and the wd's were hell! So when I went in back in July I was piss tested. I'm trying so hard to figure out what the hell to do but I'm not getting anywhere.

4. #4 Cactus Ed, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  5. If the test was done under a private medical examination that was personal then you have patient confidentiality

6. Much better but still you're still referring to other drugs. Unless you're weaning off prescription weed.

7. How is it that the dr can wait until I come back in 2 months later just to tell me I've failed? That doesn't seem right to me. Any time this has happened in the past, I'm notified immediately and sent a termination letter in the mail.

8. Yep;)

9. I'm sorry I'm a bit confused. What practise would you be fired from? Prescription pain meds? Sorry if I'm just being stupid, coincidentally I've just had an operation and I am on strong painkillers , last operation I had them also and suffered withdrawals , didn't sleep for the first 2 weeks without them