Some advice for a first PC Micro Grow?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Draccoxx, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Hey GC I need some advice for my first PC Grow.

What light bulbs should I use?

Can I use regular seeds?

What things that are easy to get can I use for Nutrients?

How do I setup my two PC fans?

The main question thats been bugging me. How do I keep the smell from filling up my room??

And can I use normal soil?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions. :D :D

2. you might want to just start searching threads.

we now nothing of the yieldyou want,space you have, how stealthy it needs to be,size of pc, budget, and what you already have

It all depends on YOU! what will and wont work for you

read some beginer guides to growing then go from there

not trying to be mean but thats the best way to learn and anwser your questions

3. packitandsmoke is right, you really need to read up on guides and other peoples grows to get the knowledge you need. every situation is different.

but i can give you and idea.

you're gonna want to go with some 23w/26w CFL bulbs 6500k for veg and 2700k for flowering. at least 2-3 in the case at a time i'd say.

use whatever bag seeds you can get, they should be brown with spots/stripes generally.

you are gonna want to master your knowledge of growing without nutes before you start using them in my opinion. they can create more problems for you if you don't know what you're doing.

you generally want your intake fans blowing towards the plants/lights if you can and your outakes near the top getting rid of the heat.

for the smell you can use ona gel in the case or a carbon filter.

pretty much any normal soil thats not miracle grow. peat/perlite/vermiculite organic if you can.

4. I am currently growing in 2 cases and i tell you about my grow first so u can get a feel of what a good pc box is like and then answer your questions so I am using 2 exact same PC cases. In one im using a 105 watt CFl in the other im using 4 26 watt CFLS 3 of my 26 watt cfls are 2700k the other is a 6500k and my 105 watter is 2700k. So basically if you do not know k or kelvin is the color temperature of the light. lower than 3000k (warm) are good for flowering theese are called warm lights. higher than 3000k (cool/daylight) are good for vegging theese are called daylight lights. when looking for lights try to find 2700ks because they are much much more efficient when in a pc box because your not going to veg for very long however a mix is ideal (thats why i have 3 2700ks and 1 6500ks in one pc casE.) now i line the inside of my pc case with white cardboard paper, it works great I have 3 fans (more than needed) 2 blowing in and 1 sucking out. K now to answer your questionss.
    1. Your definitely guna want to go with CFl lights, they are the curley cue looking lights. try to get at least 50 total watts In CFLs more is better. Make sure the majority of your lights are in the 2700k spectrum. Your guna want to keep your cfls within 3 inches of your plants because CFLS do not have great penetrating power.
    2. Yes you can use regular seeds, in fact for my first grow i used regular seeds. The only problem with using reg/bag seeds is the seed may be male which would waste all your time, it may be a sativa which would eventully grow out of your box or they might just not work at all. Im not guna tell you which seed to start off with in a pc box, but i have only grown Lowryders in my growing career in stealth grows. Stay away from diesel ryders however, they smell terrible. I would go with lowryder2x AK47 bought from attitude seeds or just a straight up lowryder1. BEcause they are an easy plant that dont smell to bad. thats what i started off with/
    3. Nutrients arnt a must however im not gunna lie using nutes can either make or break your grow. My first grow i didnt use nutes and i turned out fine. You can triple the size of your yield with nutes maybe even more but you can also get nute burns which can totaly fuck your plants. So, just straight up use piss. Im not fucking with you, get one cup of piss and pix it with 7 cups of water then just apply it to your plants (not every day just like every 5 waters) piss is a great source of nitrogen and phosphorus both are very needed for seedling and vegging stage.
    4. Now your really only guna need one fan. K after you take apart your pc box you should either have 1 or 2 fans, now each fan should have either 2 or 4 wires coming from it (just pm me if you dont get this i know its hard to understant in writing) so put your fans aside and find an old cell phone charger. Cut off the end piece (the part you stick into the phone) and strip about an inch off of each wire. now seperate the wires so they dont touch, not all the way just about 2 inches. now wrap the wiring from one of the cell phone charger with the wiring from the pc fan and wrap the other wiring to the other wire on the pc fan, make sure the two metals from the two different wires dont touch on the cell phone charger. plug it into the wall. if it dosnt work, switch wires so that wire A from the cell phone charger is matched with wire B from the wall fan and wire B from the cell phone charger is matched with wire A from the wall fan instead of wire A matched with A and B matched with B. If this dosnt work, talk me up on pm. Ill send u pics. Oh and hook it up to the pc box so that the air is sucked out of the pc box.
    5. Smell. oh god smell. I remember when i first started growing under my parents roof (14 years old)i was freaked to shit about smell. but really your just guna need to find the right strain thats why i say get a lowryder because their small and dont stink. however your still guna have a little smell no matter what strain so here is my advice on smell. 1. get one of those night lights that you plug into the wall that heats up wax and makes your room smell like candles. use those in your room. put baking soda in your pc box (the same stuff they put in refridgerators to take the smell away). put a dryer sheet over your fan every day exchange it so the air blown out over your fan smells like dryer sheet/weed instead of just weed. ONA i think it stands for oder nuetralizing agent. it works like a charm just spread some ONA gel over your pc box and it wont smell so bad at all, but its kinda hard to get ahand of when your young. Spray axe in your room. dont spray febreeze because a room that smells like axe for a teenage boy is much much less suspicous than a room that smells like febreeze, thats what made me get caught for smoking my first time is i smelled like febreeze and not axe, my parents were all suspicous and saying why do u smell like febreeze unless ur covering urself up. and if you just soak your room and self in axe, its like an average teenage boy.
    6. soil, yeah just useany soil for your first grow. dont go all pro and try to order shit, just find some soil outside, its gunna prolly end up dying anyways for a first grow, dont use lawn soil its like all sand. organic soil owns because its got nutes in it buuuut other people may disagree. just goahead and use any soil potting soil is good starter soil is good. d
    hey and dont worry about asking questions us people are here to help you

5. holy shit i just wrote alot haha sorry. PM me up bro.

6. Do not take soil from outside unless you want bugs, which you don't. Indoor grows apparently are fairly susceptible to them.

Someone linked me to this thing a few days ago, and I found everything I needed.

The Cannabis Grow Bible

skim the first 200 or so pages, i did it in about 2 hours.

7. dont be such a baby, I took soil from outdoors many many times to grow indoors

8. how do you think pot grew wild. It used the soil outside.

9. the only way a human being can actully know and be 100% positive about something is to try it out themselves. obviously you havent used outdoor soil because you are saying that it gives bugs. I have used outdoor soil many many hundreds of times and im saying it dosnt.