solving world hunger

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Feb 21, 2013.

1. What causes world hunger? How can we stop it?

Discuss

2. The countries with starving people need to produce things that people want. That's the only sustainable way.

/thread

3. Throwing money certainly hasn't helped.

4. Exactly. You can give until the cows come home, but until they produce, the resources will be used up.

5. Especially when corrupt leaders "promise" to spread the aid among his people.

6. i'm sure he doesn't have a problem spreading aids among them

7. Send water tablets, staple foods, building supplies, etc, will provide long lasting results.

8. occupy these countries and kill the terrorists then use tax payer dollars to provide relief and rebuild the country, seems like the only way that would really work

9. In theory, it would work lol.

10. The paranoia of "over-population" is a part of what causes world hunger. Puppet heads of state whom in return for living lavishly will terrorize people and keep them from advancing technologically/industrially. The elitist, psychopathic drive to have control over resources and individuals causes world hunger. I guess everyone else also has their own role they participate in as well.

11. World hunger is the result of states. Repressive states don't uphold property rights, and so capitalism can't begin. When property rights are respected and enforced throughout the world, hunger won't be a problem.

12. Find out what was causing it before we started watching?
    Has it gotten better or worse since we became involved in "solving" world hunger?
    Stop looking?

13. More and more countries these days have problems with obesity and the associated illnesses connected to that (cancer, heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, and etc...

Recent problems with malnourishment are directly caused by US policy ( using food crops for fuel).

Dictatorships and wars mostly are responsible for the rest.

14. Seems most people are on the same page aboud this one

15. In reality, it doesn't.

16. I don't understand why I should give 50 cents a day to some starving kid when a pack of Ramen noodles is 15 cents. :laughing:

I know, I know... Somebody has to bring the ramen noodles over there. Shipping and stuff... So fuck um, I'll eat the noodles.

17. There isn't much we can do, it is the 1% that can but won't because greed runs the world in my opinion

18. According to a new book I'm reading, it's because of the need to "end world hunger." Wheat crops were modified to yield more and be resistent to drought, etc. No animal testing was done, no human testing was done. People just started eating this "new" wheat. The unintended consequences are evident according to Dr. William Davis.

Great read if you get a chance: Amazon.com: Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health (3520700000720): William Davis: Books

19. If you live in the USA, YOU are the 1%. ;)