Solventless Kief Concentrate Idea

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Halfbakedjake, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Ive got a lot of pretty green Kandy Kush kief. I want to make it into something a little stronger.

Here is my idea.

1. Take a Quart sized mason Jar filled with Ice cold water and a few Ice cubes.
    2.  Add the Kandy Kush kief.
    3. Shake up and agitate the mixture, until a light froth on top.
    4. Let sit in the fridge until the plant material floats to the top and the trichomes go to the bottom (theoretically speaking this is what should happen since they should be heavier then the plant material)
    5. Carefully scrape plant material off top of Jar and put into a bowl.
    6. Repeat steps 3-5 until no plant material will float to the top, be sure to keep adding ice, ideal temp. is around 34 degrees.
        Now what you will have is a quart sized mason jar filled with an amber color liquid with a light green trichomes on the bottom.
    7. Siphon off the amber liquid into a separate Quart sized mason Jar careful not to agitate the trichomes at the bottom.
    8. Add More ice cold water to the trichomes. And repeat steps 3-5.
    9; Siphon off the liquid again.
    10.Take the remaining liquid and trichomes at the bottom of your jar and pour that through a coffee filter.
    11. Squeeze remaining liquid out of the "Hash", its kind of a mid grade kief/icewater hash.
    12. Now agitate the Jar with the amber liquid and let sit
         You will start to notice a white swirly oil like substance at the bottom, I can only guess this is your oil.
    13. siphon off the first 2/3 of the amber liquid.
    14. Pour remaining liquid through your coffee filters.
    15. Scrape what material these catch and save. 
    16. Now take your liquid from step 13, and put it on one glass bake pan.
    17. Take your liquid from step 14 and put it on a different pan.
    18. Now cook off 3/4 of the liquid on both pans, make sure your temp doesn't break 170 or so.
    19. Set a fan on the remaining liquids and let sit over night.
    20. Scrape your pans with a razor blade.

should be dabable oil right?
    I saw a method kind of like it called GOB get off butane.
    anyone have a better method? I am trying to stay away from butane

2. Ok so i did it. Here's what I made, ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1384352848.598428.jpg

Now I just have to scrape it. I was able to get oil on the pan with water as a solvent. Not sure how. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1384352992.823946.jpg
    See the oil on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. When scraped and a little heat is applied its like a black tar like substance. When lit it bubbles up, then puffs up, retains an ember then goes out. Anyone know what I just made?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. My temps never exceeded 160. Evaporating the liquid by air without heat is the most effective way to make sure not to loose any of the good stuff.

5. id say it is mixed oil with some solids of plant matter if it is leaving an ember. what if you did this with your oil after it is in the pan like your first picture add boiling hot water and the oil will separate from the solids and go to the top and  just gather the globs and it should be pure oil. see my other thread i did this with iso oil. 

6. I read your thread, that's really interesting. What I have though is like a hard oily black substance it softens up and becomes oily when heat is added. I filter the water so much I'm not sure how the plant material would be in it. You think I should slowly heat it up, then add a bit of boiling water to the Pyrex pan?

7. I tried dabbing some on an e dabber today. It didn't work. Shit I hope I didn't waste a half of kief. Do you guys think making medibles put of it would work? Since it's not smoke able. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389767279.291501.jpg The only reason I'm still trying is that with this extraction method since i used water there can't be any lost materials right? I have all the plant matter so what else could this be but cannibinoids don't how?

8. Yeah I know. This stuff wouldn't rosinate very well. So I decided to try somthing new. Probably just messed it up lol