Solutions to bring down temperature outdoor grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Henny331, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Hey guys,

I have 3 autos entering flower stage... they are in an outdoor shed which significantly increases the temperature (90-95 degree F). During the day

I have fan on them 24/7 to try to keep air moving. Will a second fan help? Am I going to significantly decrease my yield if I don’t get these guys to a cooler spot? Right now indoors is not an option.

right now they show no signs of heat stress but I was hoping the forum could present some outside the box solutions or advice. Maybe 90 doesn’t pose a real threat to the yield?

they’re northern lights and gelato autos

thanks guys

Attached Files:

2. my outdoor plants are under mid 90 temps which isn't ideal however as long as they are full veg and are adjusted to the direct light over several days I haven't seen a yield issue. of course the plants show the heat stress well tacoing leaves ect. adding another fan would just blow hot air around adding a a/c would be the only solution.

3. I really don't see signs of heat stress from your pic more so not enough light hitting the lower canopy causing the yellowing and dying of leaves

4. The only way to cool it is to bring in cool fresh air from outside or an AC. Do you have an exhaust fan?

5. Yes i definitely could have done more LST in the beginning to get that even canopy ... first timer here so much to learn :) ... I’m thankful for this forum you guys have been super helpful.... is some defoliating at this point going to do more harm than good? About 1-2 weeks into flower right now

6. you can take the parts not getting light off I wouldn't mess with anything getting light and producing bud or aiding in the production on bud. I would try to get a better light next grow so you don't have that issue.

7. Get a inline fan like a vivo with some duct like 50 feet worth or less depending and put it somewhere cool to draw air. Basement. Shaded area. Etc. $45

Point it at the base of the plants.

Did this for my green house.

Nevada Grown

8. Also what are your lows at night? Curious.

Nevada Grown

9. Lows in the 70s at night ... using mars hydro 2000

the light seems more than enough to cover 3 autos... my mistake was not properly LST-ing these guys properly so now I’m battling a little clustered bud sites ... Thank you guys .. you have been super helpful I’m looking at some Small AC units to bring down the temps... I’ve heard it’s good to lower temps slightly during flower to improve yield

• Like Like x 1
  10. Do you have an exaust fan? It's gonna be a lot cheaper to run than AC.

11. Not sure how big your shed is or if it’s feasible to put an shade net over it. May help a little

-j

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Yea I’m looking into them now .... any particular suggestions for models? Trying to keeps on a budget since already spent money on mars hydro, nuts, ph tester etc

13. Anything will do. The higher the cfm the better, and something with an adjustable speed is best. Then you can adjust it as you see fit. A bigger fan running slow will be a lot quieter than a small fan running fast (if the cfm is equal).

But the cheap and easy way is to use any old fan with some DIY ducting made from cardboard & duct tape. :)

14. personally I don't see a point in an exhaust fan only, its a fairly large shed all that work and money for 6 degrees difference. summer just started so it will get hotter before it gets cooler.

15. I had a similar issue and ended up piping in air from my crawl space. It feels like an air conditioner when I run the fan because the air is so cool under the crawl space (unfortunately humid air though).

I agree with the Big Moose, ideally you can find a source of air that is cooler such as shaded air (under a deck, crawlspace, in a tree canopy, etc..) and fan it in. However, I bet your shed is away from all the shade given it's a shed.

Here is the fan I got from Amazon. I did a lot of homework and found this one to be one of the best CFM and craftsmanship for the price. I was super impressed with the build quality when I got it.
    <edit: not sure why amazon links don't work for me, but here is the title:
    KEN BROWN 18 Inch High Velocity Industrial Wall Fan 4012CFM 3 Speed for Industrial, Commercial, Residential, and Shop Use - ETL Safety Listed>

fan.jpg