Solo or Ascent Vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by xxaxle, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Hello, this is my first post
    I have been looking at a lot of review sites for the top vaporizers because im looking to buy one in the near future and ive boiled it down to either the Solo or Ascent, both look good but i havent actually tried it so I was wondering if one of you who has one could guide me in the right direction.
    Preferences:
    I truly only care about how high the vaporizer gets a person. Also battery life is important as i would like it to last long.
    Both taste and how hard the draws are dont matter too much to me, as long as it gets you places

so which one do you fellow tokers prefer?

Thanks in advance

:bongin:

2. The Ascent is more portable being that it can slip into your pocket easier than the Solo.   It is also totally self contained where as with the Solo, you got these glass stems ya gotta carry around and worry about breaking.

But the Solo has been on the market longer and therefore has more proven reliability than the new-born Ascent.

3. The Solo produces the best vapour of any portable vaporizer on the market. Its fairly portable but not discreet. Battery lasts about 4 hours.

I love mine,gets me stoned and I can use it throughout the entire day. Can't speak for the ascent havent used it, but Id say the solo.

How can you possibly say that without comparing to every portable on the market?    Have you seen the tasty vapor clouds that the FireFly or Lotus can put out.  I love the Solo.   One of the best portables on the market, but saying that it produces the best vapor of ANY portable on the market is a bit of a stretch.

5. This is exactly what I'd like to know, except I'M mostly concerned with the vapor quality. BUT to answer the OP's question, after reading like 50 pages on FuckCombstion, It seems that the Solo is a clear winner for being significantly more conservative and efficient with your herb. People say the Ascent doesn't get the medicated as quickly and it takes a certain "technique" to master. But I just really like vapor purity so that doesn't bother me that much, I want the cleanest tasting vapor, but I'm not sure which that is, and I do know both are very good.

6. Neither, davinci.

7. (sigh.....................)

thanks man, ive also been reading about both of them a lot but you just sold the solo to me, all i care about is quick and good medication so i guess the solo it is unless someone with an ascent can comment

9. #9 POTatato Head, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    The ascent tastes better imo. I don't consider either to be very good at conserving. If it was me I would pick the ascent.Both are going to get you were you want to be in relatively the same amount time in my experience. Neither is very fast at it though