Solis tek 10k metal halide finishing bulb

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Progrouk, May 25, 2018.

1. Hi everyone I am currently looking to purchase a Solis tek 10k metal halide finishing bulb has anybody had any experience in using one of these and if so is there noticeably any difference.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just the thought of it makes me think a no. Mu thoghts. So a plant in the wild finishes with a lot less light hours and brightness of the sun. So using a high lumines bulb would be opposite of what u want. I would think u would use something like that during veg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. HPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. I flowred twice with my 1k hortilux bulb. I bought a kit and it didnt have a cooler on hood. Very hard to keep heat down. I went to 315 cmh with argo 942 multi spectrum bulb. I'm going to try to use my HPS in winter and do a run of the autos and comparatives man they put off heat though
    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for opinion the bulb insists its a finisher bulb I read brings out more oils in resin glands whether or not that is true or not I dont know. I veg in metal halide then switch over to HPs but this bulb says use in last 7-10 days fuck it I'll just use my HPS I know I still get good results.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My last plant finished with one 400w hps and one 400w mh over it and I'm growing same strain right now and the first one had way more trichs at this point in the grow, not sure if the lighting was the factor that made that happen. Either way the best way to find out how something works is to just try it out...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Do you mean 10k watts or 10,000 kelvin (light spectrum). I don't have an answer to your question but it seems like they're thinking it's a 10,000 watt bulb

8. Yes sorry kelvin 10.000 w bulb you'd need a power station to run them lol

9. Just to clarify any mistakes lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. i own these bulbs. i was greatly disappointed with them as a finishing bulb. what works best is a led or a t5 with a 10k bulb. in my opinion the t5 work best then anything i have tried. i now sometimes use the mh10k for a veg bulb . it does a great job at that.

11. Hey thanks for sharing you're experience I think I will stick with my 600 hps I deffo noticed the difference on metal hallide because that was my first time I usually just use hps the whole time.

12. I think it helps bring out more color and resin last few days. Especially if you run HPS most of the time. If your already flowering with MH or CMH blended with hps you’ll notice less of an impact. IMO.

13. 10k is color spectrum, and I would only use that bulb to veg.... jus my 2 cent, I'm a commercial electrician and that there is just a double ended MH bulb, 1k watts.... so far as I know, that bulb puts out a shit ton of UV and blue light, as far as red they are there but almost non existent compared to the blue lighting produced

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Some different strains under the 10,000 k bulbs for finish.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  15. 9AC5F92F-2121-46DB-B363-815818D459FB.jpeg 58044854-8620-41A3-B73D-C78DFCD848FC.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. They only make the sunmaster in single ended form currently.

17. speaking of bulbs. this bulb is the best bulb i have ever used for veg. you can also flower with it for a very high quality product. slightly less yield then hps. buy this bulb in a 4 or 600 or 1000 . well worth the extra money. this bulb impressed me so much i went out bough 12 of them 3 days later. they speed veg up major difference . you could save a week or more.