Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

soldering iron?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wantedbymany, Oct 4, 2009.

1. i have herd of people using a soldering iron to liught thier bowl, i was wondering if i could use just any soldering iron because i ahve a 30 watt wal-mart one that im using to fix my alienware laptop. i have herd of the hakko soldering iron being used but idk where to find one of those except online.

can i just use my 30 watt wal-mart soldering iron to light the bowl?

2. I'm pretty sure you want a new, unused one, so you don't smoke anything you don't want.

3. am i missing something here? why would you want to use a soldering iron when you could just use a lighter? lol

4. When your using a lighter, your also breathing in butane, which isn't the tastiest thing ever. If you're using an iron, or a magic stick, it's a much cleaner hit.

5. Those hakko soldering irons get pulled apart and the ceramic plate gets used for heating so it's much cleaner.
    Don't know how healthy a standard solder tip would be for smoking bowls with zinc and whatever is them.

6. Also it heats it up more, releasing more thc.

7. ok i'm sold, i'm gonna have to give that a try at some point as i'm pretty sure i've got one in my garage lol :p

8. the tips in my soldering iron are changeable. im ognna use the clean one next time i get some bud.

9. What temprature should I set it to?

10. hot, to really hot

11. Its not just any soldering iron.

You have to find one with a ceramic tip.

A popular one thats used is the hakko.

12. The element is ceramic, not the tips.

13. Just use beeline hemp wick, no butane, very convenient to use, portable, and cheap. win win win win :D

14. i was already planning onn getting beeline soon, i just wanted to see if i could use my regular soldering iron to light up. im gonna try it and hope i odnt burn myself when im high,lol.