Solar Spec 1590w 6pack grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by DDP, May 30, 2016.

1. Today I dropped 6 seeds. Some were given to me, some were freebies that came with orders, some I ordered (maybe)
    Big Buddha Cheese
    Cheese
    Lemon Garlic OG
    Northern Lights
    OG Kush
    Purple OG#18

I grow organic or at least close to it...
    base mix is the normal peat/worm poo/perlite... added to that is some biochar, rock dust, crustacean meal, kelp, alfalfa meal, neem, guano... maybe some others that are buried somewhere in the back of my mind. Soil is about 2 years old, I add more amendments from time to time. I am trying to do no-till but I've only been successful at reaching little-till. I moved last year and my soil bags got a bit squished so this grow I repotted the soil and there are still plenty of worms living in my 25 gallon bags. I mulch my soil with dried leaves that fall during a grow and safe all leaves from a harvest to dry, crush and sprinkle on top. I am amazed at how fast it breaks down into the soil. Each bag sits on top of a diy sub-irrigation drip pan that is full of perlite and holds about 5 gallons of water. The 6 trays are plumbed together to make watering easier.

Lights are Amare Technologies Solar Spec white LEDs. 4 units at 260 watts and 2 units at 250watts with COB chips. The 6 lights illuminate my grow area of about 5X7 pretty nicely, at least if I can manage to keep my plants shorter than 6' tall!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Got a front seat on this one! Can't wait to see what those lights can do.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Woah ddp glad to see this pop up goin to take my seat I kno this will be epic u were the first journal I watched with amare when u did the side by side comparison can't wait bro

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'll pull up a chair as well. Looks like you have a lot of experience under your belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I'm in!
    Holy shit dude, I have six, 150 watt Amares in a 4 x 6 closet in 15 and 20 gallon fabric pots and last round ended at 2.6 lbs. I can't imagine what that much light will provide.
    This should be interesting. Keeping them under 6' is an issue for me too lol.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Welcome all (special welcome to Weed Dude)
    Mainah, 2.6 pounds in a 4x6?!?! hats off to you!!!!! I just weighed my last harvest of Jack Herer (not super accurate, weigh empty jar, tare, then weigh full jars... I pulled 850grams from 5 plants. I hope to be home more this grow and can baby the plants better. I checked this morning and no seeds have popped despite soaking in water overnight before planting them... owell maybe tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  7. How are you, sir? It's been a long time. Miss you indoor trees like WD:) It's your apeshit neighbor. Looking forward to another jungle.

@mainah. Wow. Impressive 1.3gpw. Congrats!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ha you tree growers! Gotta be the lights... I am almost touching mine at week 3... I tell you what the SE 450 is right there with the 600 watt HPS . VERY Impressed with the 450!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Thank You kind sir! Sounds like a awesome haul. How did that landrace turnout?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Good to see the Family here!

• Like Like x 2
  11. The apeshit? Amazing!!!! I have 2 or 3 seeds left, gotta try GA3 again to get more seeds.
    Or you mean the wild Thai? The Thai I had to chop for 2 reasons, it was an absolute monster that wanted to tar over the entire 4x4 tent and it also got infested with scale from spending a weekend on my balcony. I still have a baggy full of seeds to try again.

I'm a bit disappointed none of my seeds have popped up yet. My have to gently disturb the soil and get a visual on the seeds.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Ah scale bugs weird looking creatures.Love to try and get some of that Ape Sh*t looks mighty fine.Still remember the good old Thai back in the day... How goes the garden?

• Like Like x 2
  13. The garden isn't going... Not a single seed popped, so I just just dropped 6 more seeds in a different batch of starter soil
    OG Kush
    Big Buddha Cheese
    Northern Lights
    2 White Widdow seeds I found on my plant a few grows ago
    Bubblegum auto (for fun)

Solar Spec 1040 WHITE LED vs Mars II 2100

14. Ok updated my signature... I also got 25 big bags of supposedly very clean cow manure (actually very well composted) for $50 delivered!

Been reading more and working my compost piles. I get a lot of green grass cuttings, but not much dried leaves for carbon. I can leave green grass in a basket and it totally dries out, I wonder if that will work as a carbon source?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wow that sucks.... I had some really old seeds that I never could get to pop. Have you done the wet napkin germination method? I get pretty good success rate with it. Love the strains you got selected!

16. Haven't tried that, I just soaked them overnight. I have been growing sativa the past couple harvests and I'm running low on good indica that can knock me out and make me sleep. Jack Herer does the absolute opposite. It gets my mind going with ideas hahaha not good when it involves an electric guitar late at night :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. How's the garden going DDP?

18. Bubblegum auto is looking good. Both white widow seeds greeted the world, a bit small and I'm not expecting one to make it.

Not sure what happened to my seeds. So I went out and four some good peat moss, las bag I bought was real stringy and looked like roots.
    Also placed an order...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Subbed up. This will be fun to watch. Good luck in here!

Diy Cree Cob 800w LED 20g notil

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hey man, I'm gonna follow along here. You got any pics of your setup

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1