Soil2Coco’s Rootbound Multifeed 3 strain SOG

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Soil2Coco, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Very nice!

• Like Like x 1
  2. i’ll raise you both a 1.5 pound dry harvest, several cases of bud jars, 3-gal dwc bucket of @Tbone Shuffle root cheese block:

DF1DD512-54AD-485D-AC53-273C61E3EC7B.jpeg

Ready to fold?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Great roots! I've been wondering what happens to the substrate do the roots absorb the medium. I love good roots. Your my rooting idol! Lol. I'm thinking of keeping my little one in a 1 gal.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dude, that’s insane. I’ve only grown in Coco perlite mix. I’ve never seen anything like that.
    How long did you veg that plant? What strain? How many weeks did it flower?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Lol...Gotta get the lowdown from @Tbone Shuffle, but here’s the thread:
    Single DWC plant in a 4x4 with 4 x qb304 boards...

• Like Like x 1
  6. I always flower in 3.5 Gallons. Got some GG4 an Orange Fruit Bound a cpl weeks out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I usually flower in one gallon pots. But inlet this one veg a bit longer, lol

Here she is early flower in the front. The smaller one in back produced 310 grams dry.

[​IMG]

She’s getting purple now

[​IMG]

Soil2Coco’s Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 3
  8. They look great man. I like it. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. In hydro if you get rootbound it's not the end of the world it just causes your plant to dry the medium out super fast. You may have to resort to either heavier feeding if you can get it to absorb or more often like twice a day or some type of drip feeding.

The problem with a rootbound plant in flower is it will dry out the pot in hours. My DWC plant needed a daily top off of the bucket and two airstones to keep the roots healthy they were so thick. Normal 1 stone at 200GPH wasn't enough and the root ball started rotting from the middle and messing up my ph daily. Added a second airstone and it was all good. About 500gph for a single plant but that's what it takes when the rootball is that thick.

I had to feed it about 1.25 gallons a day and keep it light because it would drain the res to a puddle at the end of the day. If I fed it heavy the plant would burn itself once the res got low with whatever it left behind. I had to keep it to about 600ppm max at top off.

I'm pretty sure at a 20oz harvest I reached the end potential of a 3.5 gallon bucket but maybe not?.. hehe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I’ll never get over that...you da man!

• Like Like x 2
  11. This is rootbound.. =)
    IMG_0898.JPG IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0900.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. So I had 5 nodes on a few girls this morning. We are two weeks since sprout and I went ahead and started the mainline on two Grandpas Stash, and two Granddaddy Blacks. The Ricks Pupil BX is lacking the vigour of the other two. Never done the official mainline so hopefully all goes well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Looks great!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  14. I noticed my girls prayed pretty hard after topping/mainlining - wonder if it's because there's now only two leaves to acquire energy so she puts 'em as high as they'll go to max their input.

Btw they look fantastic - love watching your little ones grow

• Like Like x 2
  15. I uppotted them all into soil. Crazy I know but I have perfected my supersoil to veg with hydro like results and the girls I have in flower using Aptus Supplements with the supersoil base are taking over!!! I am going all organic again, lol. I’ll update when I have time

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Doing what works is always a winner...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. That's so cool that you figured it out - will you be changing out your calmag to organic as well then?

Exactly! Whatever gets you to the finish line with big ole buds.

• Like Like x 1