Soil2Coco’s Rootbound Multifeed 3 strain SOG

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Soil2Coco, Oct 12, 2018.

1. It is. 12 tube T5. 24”x24”. Best veg light I’ve ever used. Tossing around the idea of getting the 4’ version or some qbs when I remodel

• Like Like x 2
  2. Are these for the far red range, sort of like what Or_Gro is doing? Lol, they're so tiny!

• Like Like x 1
  3. They’ve got deep Red diodes in them. No far Red. Tiny but up to 300 watts each. @Or_Gro is getting 8 of them and mapping with his equipment. I was the guinea pig, lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  4. So the Mrs mentioned some THC/CBD massage oil she saw while we were in Portland. I told her to research what kind of oil we need to infuse and I’ll grow the right strain.

Well I won the vault giveaway for good causes a couple months ago and have 5 Fruity Jack seeds here, so I popped two into a cup of water to soak, and soaked a couple more solo cups of Royal Gold Tupur with URB innoculant.

Fruity Jack / Jack El Frutero - Philosopher seeds

54515D12-1801-47AA-A216-23C391CDF03E.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. The seedlings are finishing up their second set of leaves. One Fruity Jack above ground, still waiting on the other. Tuesday will complete week one above ground

71695888-389D-44AE-86A1-E4EDE03463F2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Some video showing the drainage of Royal Gold Tupur. This is why I use this in my DTW setup

• Like Like x 2
  7. So, you give them how much per watering, how many times a day?

8. My 1/3 each FFOF, FFHF Soil Conditioner and extra large perlite mix drains like that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. My coffee filter drains like that...on the good days...just regular safeway coffee...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. I can’t get happy frog to drain for shit. Even with more Perlite it’s so hydrophobic, like straight peat. Takes about a full minute to drain through a one gallon pot. I got some for my mother cuts recently, think I’ll theow the rest in my garden. Bad batch maybe?

11. Maybe it's the addition of the FFOF? Mine hasn't had a problem with clumping or settling. Been staying nice and airy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. So, seriously....

13. I’m using a syringe now and giving them 30 ml each twice a day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 2g magnesium sulfate, 4g calcium nitrate, 4g Masterblend 4-18-38 base, 5ml silica per gallon.

15. One week old today. Grandaddy Black is starting her third set of leaves. Still waiting on one Fruity Jack to sprout.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  16. I usually go 10-14 days before transplant but I think I’m going to mainline this batch so I wanted them in the final pot sooner to allow the roots to spread out in preparation for all the stress.

Here is the process.

One gallon pots filled with Tupur to about 3” from top

490B1B2E-9B75-4A72-AC36-3E6F94A77EB8.jpeg

Mix URB innoculant and Fish Shit microbial food into a pitcher of dechlorinated water.

8E6E5668-2CF3-4882-B1BA-758E89783CA5.jpeg

Soak pots with innoculant

Place solo cup inside new pots to prepare for transplant

2CF3F77B-191B-46A5-8639-87ADB71FA668.jpeg

Work seedlings out of solocups carefully, supporting loose coco with hands. Nice roots made here in only a week. I think I’ll keep this URB around for awhile.

0F17A65A-F7B1-4BB0-AD4B-9C54F6301CA2.jpeg

Drop into hole created by solo cup and press firmly to seat, filling in around base of plant. I like to leave about an inch or so of room at the top for my drip lines.

B99555E4-7F1A-4926-89CF-D2AB56920E01.jpeg

Back under the T5’s at a bit lower height to promote some vertical growth. Don’t forget to clearly label your pots so you can give proper credit to the awesome medicine you will have in a few months

F75E345F-0AE7-4478-B3D8-C761FA0AADBB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Subbed this is perfect I'm like a week behind your grow. Those two I kept in straight coco is a complete experiment and first try. I'm going to be able to use this as a general guide.

Thanks S2C!! I'll start my journal tomorrow it's the second day of
    Watering.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  18. Perfect!! Glad to have ya along

• Like Like x 2