Soil2Coco’s Indoor Multi Strain Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Soil2Coco, May 29, 2018.

1. Ah, I see. Your not growing in organic soil. You’re growing in soil with bottled nutes. That’s what I meant. If I’m adding salts, I’m staying in coco, much faster than soil.

My soil grows are all organically amended soil that’s water only feed. I just started adding in the Aptus line of flower supplements since they are high quality pharmaceutical grade organics

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wait... These QBs are that powerful your using 1 a plant? 100w per? Damn I might have to order a board. And stickey uses a 200w per? Holly crap that's what I'm pulling out the wall now give or take. A pound a harvest is my end goal. Then I could stick with 1-2 plants. Yes whats the secret?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  3. That setup is about 160 watts per plant. I have the HLG-320H-54a driver. It’s output is 323 watts/2 = 161.5 per light. And I’m only splitting 6 amps. These boards can be run at a full 6 amps, or 320 watts per board with active cooling.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Active like liquid cooled? Or sinks and fans? I watched a YouTube video last week. What I need to know is. Taking a good hlg 320 like yours can you dim or use boards that require less amps/watts?

• Like Like x 2
  5. You have to match voltage and current requirements to each board. I use HLG-240H-c2100a drivers per 4 qb120 Light. They’re wired in series on constant current driver. My qb96elites are wired in parallel on constant voltage driver

Liquid or fan cooled. They need a heatsink for passive cooling

• Like Like x 3
  6. A whole pound per plant is kind of goal I have. Might depend on strain if I actually get it but, so far Mt Hood Magic was just 2 oz off and that was my first grow with the QBs.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Technically, 3rd grow but the first was just one plant and things didn't go so well. Lots of changes happened between 1 and 2 and then again between 2 and 3. New lights (twice), lots of knowledge building about training, smart bags instead of plastic barrels.

We'll see on the next grow if this one was just a fluke! Lol

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gorgeous bro
    My 288’s hit tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 2
  9. I’m sure it will only be better!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I thought he said he only had room for 6. Maybe I misunderstood. No surprise there! Haa!

• Like Like x 2
  11. #571 Schplakken, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    I average 10-11 oz per plant. Pic in 11 jars are 30grams each from a single Amnesia Haze from a couple of grows back. DSCN6767.JPG DSCN6735.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  12. I'm still in plastic...I'll switch next time see the difference

• Like Like x 3
  13. I still use plastic too. Not much difference IMO. At least the way I grow with multifeeds. For soil, it probably helps it dry out better, allowing more frequent feeds

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. It does but, the 1/3 each of the FFOF, FFHF and XL perlite help in that area too. I'm pretty much guaranteed they'll need water every other day.

I switched to the smarts pots mainly to get more O2 to the roots and to take advantage of air pruning them. Roots were a big part of what I was trying to do better this past grow and boy, those bags did not disappoint! They're 25-gallon bags. I was worried it was way overkill but I found that the root balls literally filled the bag on each of them. I think all those roots are what got me so close to a pound per plant with the help of these amazing QB boards and the training I used on them.

• Like Like x 3
  15. So those big bags
    Can you move them
    How much area with 25 gal bag is taken up?

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  16. They can be moved. Best to do it when they're dry but, it can be done. If you have a bad back or something, I'd put them on a rolling platform. Once placed into the room, I haven't needed to move them.

The 25-gallon is 16" tall x 22" diameter.

• Like Like x 3
  17. I’m in 15 gallon bags of supersoil with my scrog plants under the qb96elites. Water only through veg and I’m just starting the Aptus flower supplements to give them a boost to the soil amendments. Organics on one side, chemicals on the other, lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Perfect
    Lb der️+++

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 2
  19. You wild and crazy guy
    Ambidextrous. HMM HUH AHHHH

@ I love growing weed