Soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JohnnyFrisco420, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Tell me your soil recipes or what you guys are using for soil .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'm using biobizz all mix

3. FFOF in veg
    Home built Organic in-ground and in my SIPs for flower.
    FFOF = Fox Farm Ocean Forest.
    SIP = self irrigating planters.
    Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

In my soil I deleted the Lime and I run Sulfur in it's place since my water is very high PH.

BNW

4. I’m using happy frog soil right now. Thinking about starting up a compost to incorporate worm castings into the soil. Anybody else composting?

5. #5 AngryPossum, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Happy Frog 70% Ocean Forest 30%
    It worked well with my sprouts so far. These are 3 weeks old.

20210607_101618.jpg
    20210613_113816.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Happy Frog or Ocean Forest, whichever is available/cheaper. Great results with either one.

7. Anything with aged forest material or composted forest material as the first ingredient listed. If it comes with perlite already in it that's a plus. I also use the FF line, with dry amendments. I'm trying to transition to the no till gardening as listed above. I've never paid attention but I think our FF is 25 bucks a bag growing a plant or a few that's cool as I reuse the soil as well but over time I've realized making your own soil is the way to go.

8. #8 GroBuddy, Jun 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    I use a worm bin it takes forever like 7 months or some shit to start getting castings been getting uncle Jim's in the mean time. I use the castings to amend soil/coco before transplant, as part of my top dressing and to make teas with. Can't afford all the components I need to move into super soil.... One day lol hopefully by spring. If you want to get into that, bookmark that no till thread BrassnWood shared everything you need to get started is in the first post by Jerry

If you wind up getting some castings atleast get the 15lb bag anything less will be used up fairly quickly

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1