Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Msully, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Hi, I’m new to growing and starting a grow indoors. I want to know how to make a very good soil for the plants and what products you guys prefer. I have the general organic grow box of nutrients, but I want to make a good base.

2. There’s a ton of different mixes. Here’s my current mix, and it’s the best yet. Just make sure you “cook” it for 4-6 weeks.

1/3 peat mix (I like sunshine advanced mix #4) 1/3 compost (ewc and chicken manure), and 1/3 aeration (pumice, Perlite, rice hulls, whatever)

1 cup per cf (7.5 gallons) of each amendment

Kelp meal
    Alfalfa meal
    Neem seed meal
    Feather meal
    Fish bone meal
    Oyster shell flour
    Crab shell meal

1/2 cup per cf of guanos

Seabird guano
    High N guano
    High P guano

1.5 cups per cf of rock dusts and Biochar

Glacial rock dust
    Basalt rock dust
    Biochar

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil mixed with 1/4 perlite. Easy

5. Damn that sounds pretty nuts. I’ll try that with my next grow but I’m trying to start this week. Thank you for that info. Appreciate it

• Like Like x 1
  6. A
    alroght cool thank you

7. Is there anything minor I could also add to this soil that will make a big difference or no?

8. Beneficial bacteria:
    Recharge for veg - these bacteria focus more on the needs for vegetation like more nitrogen
    Mammoth p for flower - these bacteria focus more on potassium and phosphorous to make your flowers get thick.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tumbler, works best if you have a small space

• Like Like x 1
  10. I like reused soil and 50 % perlite just like hydro except you can grow different strains at the same time