Soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Endirr, Feb 22, 2013.

1. What Brand of soil to buy at Homedepot/Lowes to start mother plant.
    I want to keep one not to large mother in soil in case hydroponic disaster, will not induce flowering.

Sent from my iPad3 using GC Forum

2. ask if they can order blue ribbon soils, a sub division of gardener and bloom. if not, ask if they will order any of premier's products, ie premier lobster compost, premier moss, etc. it's all good stuff. coconut husks, organic fertilizer blend pellets, red lava rocks or perlite (the kind without any chem nutes added). mix it all up at the correct ratio's and wait a few weeks before planting.

also find your local organic nursery and see if they have composts or potting soils for sale. Don't use miracell grow especially their chemical soils. nasty stuff.

3. Local Nursery sound like a Bette place with better option. Since I only need it for one pot;
    black dirt (potting soil with no Nutrient)
    Perlite small bag)
    Peat moss( I have on hand)

Or is there one already mixed and ready to go at say a Nursery?

Thanks......

Sent from my iPad3 using GC Forum

4. ya no probl.

Yeah the idea is a pre-mixed, ready to go soil from the nursery could get you where you need without additional fertilizer, just keep transplanting to larger containers, IE from a dixie cup, to a 1/2 gallon milk bottle, to a 1 gal, and so on and so forth - once the plant shows a bit of deficiency, transplant up! With a well rounded organic soil however, deficiencies or other nute problems are a thing of the past!

5. I recently had %95 germination rate's using a 50/50 mix of vermicompost/sphagnum moss. Without any doubt, Vermicompost is the premier soil amendment. If you can get a good source of this, or better yet make your own, you have your bases covered for all things garden.... and it's way cheaper than the crap they try to sell you at the hydro store! if you can make it to north east md, it looks like there is a worm farm in that area, look it up and let me know if that's not a good connection for premium compost/worms!