Soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HippieHighTimez, May 2, 2012.

1. Can somebody tell me of any store bought soils? Nobody in my city sells Fox Farm and I don't want to wait on it in the mail, so help a stoner out guys

2. Black gold I believe is a good one. Something like that. They sell it at feed stores, or Fred Meyers

3. Well FF Soil is not sold at Home Depot Lowes etc. You would have to go to a Hydro store. Memphis has multiple hydro stores. Almost every city has them even if you dont know there there. Go to google maps type in your city then type in hydroponics.

4. I would use nothing but FFOF. I'd order some online and wait it out if you don't have any hydro stores nearby. Peace :metal:

5. Fox Farm Ocean Forrest. There's only one..

Check eBay sometimes u get deals with free shipping.

6. This...

I bet you theres a bag of FFOF for sale within 20 miles of you.

Go get it.

7. check out any kind of PRo-Mix. multiple companies make them. I used to rock FFOF. But I use pro-mix now. The pro-mix does not have any nutrients added so I can add my own as soon as I want. With the Fox farm there is about 2-3 weeks worth of nutes in there so dont add any until after 2-3 weeks.

8. Thanks everybody, there is a store here that sales ff so I'm a check it out today.nd if not I'm a order something. I have Auto #1 seeds so I should be kool. Wish me luck on my first grow

9. pro mix is just sphagnum peat with perlite. If you can find Canadian sphagnum peat, that stuff has a high air to moisture ratio which is a good thing, just add another %20 of some pumice or red lava rock for aeration and it should be good. Make sure you find a quality source of earthworm compost EG a local organic nursery, because Foxfarms cuts their soil a bit short on the EWC component, IMO. Then add a few cups per cubic foot of a well rounded organic fertilizer blend, and you'll be good to go- water only with a couple of EWC topdressings until harvest.

10. Good luck! Remember don't freak out its a plant so if something small happens no reason to panic. Plants lose leaves from time to time, get spots here or there etc. Alot of times the remedy you use is worse then whats going on. Also remember try to simulate inside the outdoors in your microenviroment aka grow area/tent. Use common sense and have fun! Growing is very rewarding. Once you make it through a grow you'll be a addict to it even if your not a heavy smoker.

11. Haha thanks dude, I just set my grow closet today and hey quick question. Will my clothes smell like weed since I'm growing in my closet??? But anyway thanks again. I will treat my plants like my babies lol Good Growing to all

12. hey high times

depending on your genetics, yes they will smell.

if you havnt found any soil yet, here is a great thread with lots of different brands of organic soil thats ready to be planted in, as well as different composts you can add as a soil amendment.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/988488-ready-grow-bagged-soil.html

with enough amendments & some help from botanical teas, you can use no bottled nutrients at all - you make all your own and it is way cheaper. organic is the way to grow!!!!

-OSUB

13. Thanks dude, that was some great info. I'm a go to some garden stores tomorrow and check these out.

14. we have a lows and home depot where i live. niether of them sell anything good for mj. so i went to a smaller hardware/garden store its called the do it center has been there forever but i never been inside. remeber it as a little kid before any big stores were built so i go it and my god they have everything for growing. they carry happy frog and fox farms. nutes and soils

15. if it says organic soil, buy it. i've had good outcome with black gold.

16. Kool thanks you guys, I hope I find FFof though but any ways thanks

17. well if you are doing a small grow this is what ive done and its working fine. just go to wal-mart and buy a $2.49 box of jiffy peat pellets, 36 come in the refill pack. get a large mixing bowl and take the netting off all the pellets. boil some water and hydrate the pellets, dont drown them in water. wet them and break em up. now you have about 4 lbs of peat, i know this because im starting auto's in 2lbs yogurt cups. atfter you got your fresh bug free peat, go outside and find some healthy grass and yank it out the ground. if you find worms, centapeads, and all them crawlers thats gonna be your organic soil. get about a cup of this free soil, sort it for grass, rocks and anything that could of been lodged in the dirt. if there is ants worms ect leave em in, they bout to get nuked anyway.Wet the soil & Microwave the soil for 90 sec, use a butter knife to break and stir it up. let the steam escape and mash all the bugs up in there. Nuke it again for 45 sec, stir again and there is your sterilized organic soild full of nitrates and dead insects to feed you seedlings. after the dirt has cooled it can be used, but befroe you do that you can cut some foam into small bits and mix it with the peat. Then mix them all together and you got some healthy soil :)

18. I went to a local gardening shop and found FFOF so u bought and the nutrients, it was high as hell but hopefully it will be worth it

19. youre out of your mind........

I dont even own a microwave