Soil vs. hydro yield question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pushinluck, Jul 3, 2010.

1. I am guessing the yield from hydroponics is greater but curious as to how much more can be expected from hydro. Given the same plant how much more will hydro yield per plant? Is it well worth the labor and investment for a 1-2 plant grow? I am also guessing liquid nutrients are more expensive?

Thanks for the advice.

2. That all depends on how much you spend I suppose, you can do 'cheap' hydro grows. Maybe look into hempy if you want to give it a try, it's cheap, and easy.

3. yeah, umm, go with soil till you know how the plant grows ..then grow in hydro..

THEN YOU WILL SEE THE YIELDS YOU WANT

hydro + new growers= low yield or dead plants ( almost every time)

4. Great advice.

As for cost,....hydro is cheaper to run for me. (but only because I learned in soil ;) )

That advice may not make sense but once you spend some time around here, you'll find that the majority of successful hydro growers , got their roots wet in soil first.

5. I can agree with this. As I got to really learning alot about my plant on my first grow I really became glad I went dirt instead of trying to face the challenge of hydro. With Dirt I simply take water, add, nutes, and water the girls. With dirt you really gotta manipulate the PH to get it where it needs to be. Dirt can be much more forgiving.